We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fin socks for 11 yo girl

Chico, CA
Level Contributor
722 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Fin socks for 11 yo girl

I just boght those for myself, they have good reviewes, but sizes are large, and I would like to buy something similar for my 11 years olf daughter but hard to find in children's size. Posting the link for other adults looking for finsocks. I bought xsmall for myself (the smallest size available) but they are huge for my daughter.

amazon.com/gp/…

Where do you buy fin socks for this age group? Links will be greatly appreciated

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,609 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Fin socks for 11 yo girl

Are you diving or plan on using the open heel fins? For just snorkeling using regular fins I'm not even sure those are necessary. I've never used them nor has anyone I've ever snorkeled with. If you still feel like you want them I'm sure you can pick some up at a surf shop or dive shop while there. I'm sure they would make the strap on the open-heel type fins feel better if you're using the regular full-foot fins?

Chico, CA
Level Contributor
722 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fin socks for 11 yo girl

just for snorkeling:) I am not sure what type of fins we will use, I guess, whatever is available in our sizes at Snorkel's Bob

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
403 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fin socks for 11 yo girl

i agree that fins socks aren't necessary for snorkeling. i've only found them useful in scuba diving to keep feet warm but at surface shouldn't be a problem in near 80 degree water. they're also useful for shore diving/snorkeling on rocky/coral beaches but kauai beaches are primarily sandy.

Chico, CA
Level Contributor
722 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fin socks for 11 yo girl

thank you! I was worrying about sharp rocks/reefs

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
829 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fin socks for 11 yo girl

Got some for my grandson here - www.swimoutlet.com/ProductDetails.asp… -

He used to get blisters from his fins, but no more - they work great!

Edited: 23 July 2014, 14:43
Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,609 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Fin socks for 11 yo girl

Apple, the snorkel rental operations primarily rent the full-foot fins. They're a much softer and lightweight material than the open-heel fins The boot portion is usually very flexible. The open-heel fins weigh a ton next to them. Snorkel Bob's sells a lot too so they probably sell the socks. But I still think you'll find you don't need them.

Chico, CA
Level Contributor
722 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fin socks for 11 yo girl

Thank you very much!

8. Re: Fin socks for 11 yo girl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 05:16