We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aloha Beach Vacations

San Francisco...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Aloha Beach Vacations

We are looking at this property on VRBO http://www.vrbo.com/446683

Has anyone ever dealt with Aloha Beach Vacations? They have been nothing but kind and helpful and communicative. The rental agreement looks professional and everything seems on the up and up but the previous forums ont he company make me a bit nervous.

Please let me know if you have rented from this company before. Thank you.

California
Level Contributor
36,649 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aloha Beach Vacations

There is lots of discussions on this company.

Here is one thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29218-i304-k60173…

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Aloha Beach Vacations

Unfortunately most of the revealing posts in that thread have been removed. SEATOSFO...... my one piece of advice........ intermediary brokers do not control a vacation rental property. They aren't even the property manager of the property. If they book a property they get a commission, simple as that. And the properties that they can book are also booked by others including directly by the owner and the owner's main local property manager who is the one who actually maintians the property 365 days a year. So there is no need to book from an unknown who is simply receiving a commission. Too many cooks in the kitchen can spell trouble. They become your main contact but if you have any problems good luck. My first advice to folks is to rent the property directly from the source - whether that be the owner or the owner's locally contracted property manager. I've also noticed that whenever the question about this company comes up ( or the other ones - Travel By Design or Hawaii Beachfront Vacations) that their prices are outrageous. I've found the same homes listed by other sources for less in many cases. If you're set on this house try to find the other sources renting it directly. By law, the ad should show the transient accommodations Tax ID number. If it doesn't then move on. If it does then you can google it with that number or if you have the name the home goes by or street address.

There are plenty of beautiful homes on Kauai that are owner and/or managed and rented out directly by people or companies right on the island. This is always the safest route to go instead of relying upon a vague website located who-knows-where with who-knows-what connection they have to a property.

Edited: 23 July 2014, 20:58
Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,551 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aloha Beach Vacations

I'm very familiar with that house. We have rented the one next door and it used to be managed by a very reputable agency on the south shore. It's strange that the house does not show up on Aloha Beach Vacation's website at all. Maybe it's new listing for them and they have not had a chance to update their website. Do you need a 4 bedroom? I only ask because the house next door is AMAZING and it has a pool but only 3 bedrooms.

California
Level Contributor
36,649 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aloha Beach Vacations

Isn't that the same company who takes FOREVER to reimburse the deposit, Napaguy? Some folks had been waiting over 3 months?

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,551 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aloha Beach Vacations

I found the same house on Homeaway with a different phone and manager name:

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p355232vb…

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Aloha Beach Vacations

Jebett, yes, this is one of those companies that we've had a few threads on. The script is usually the same no matter what name they're operating under. It's been the typical situation - someone posts with real concerns or problems and then the one post wonders show up espousing how the company performed modern miracles for them and they owe their firstborn child to them for it. Same old thing. The name of the company just changes.

7. Re: Aloha Beach Vacations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 07:15