We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Detailed Resort Layout of Grand Hyatt

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,437 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Detailed Resort Layout of Grand Hyatt

I was hoping to find a more detailed layout of the Grand Hyatt. One that might show exactly how the amenities, restaurants, etc.. are layed out. For example, are Tidepools and the Seaview Terrace close together? (Thinking of enjoying Seaview Terrace and Dinner at Tidepools) Is there a specific area where they stage their Luau? Adult pool, Spa, Things like that...

I have a general idea of how these amenities are layed out, but if there is a good resort map out there anywhere, I would love to see one.

Thanks if anyone can help!

California
Level Contributor
37,626 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Detailed Resort Layout of Grand Hyatt

Seaview Terrace is above Tidepools.

The adult pool is at the very top of the pool area and not very adult to me. The other 1/2 of that pool which is seperated by a small slide is not adult only and filled with kids. I was sad to see people putting towels down in the adult only area at 6am and not coming back until 10. It might be worth the extra money to rent a cabana. The spa is not near the pool area. You have to walk around to the side of the resort.

I stayed in Shipwreck Wing a few weeks ago right above the adult pool.

hawaiirevealed.com/free-travel-info/kauai/ka…

We loved our stay btw.

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,437 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Detailed Resort Layout of Grand Hyatt

Thank you so much!

So, happy hour/entertainment at the Terrace, followed by supper at Tidepools would be very convenient. Not together, but close, with the Terrace maybe overlooking Tidepools.

I very much want to rent a cabana.

I wonder if it is true that they are actually a reasonable and affordable rate, at this type of resort!

Are the cabanas in a nice area???

Down at the Lagoon???

I am trying to see how we could have a full, un-interrupted day to rent a cabana.. as well as two must-do excursions, in a short stay????

I wonder if we could check out on our LAST day, do Captain Andy's Star Na Pali... and then drive all the way up to the North coast???? Instead of doing the catamaran during our stay at Grand Hyatt. Hhhhmmm????

California
Level Contributor
37,626 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Detailed Resort Layout of Grand Hyatt

Someone told me the cabanas by the lagoon are more expensive than the ones at the pool. I think the pool ones are $50 a day. The cabanas I saw were not like the ones in Vegas with a tv etc. They just had chaise loungers with nicer towels under the tent. Cabanas are all over the pool area.

We had drinks at 6 at the terrace with TA friends, then had 7pm reservations at Tidepools. It was the best meal I had on the island that visit.

You really should take the time to enjoy that beautiful resort. From the front desk service, to the lovely grounds. Its a great resort (if people just wouldn't put their towels down and walk away for hours)

4. Re: Detailed Resort Layout of Grand Hyatt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 06:16