We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for late arrival meal

Level Contributor
3 posts
194 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas for late arrival meal

We arrive around 9 pm this Wednesday and nothing will be available at our resort. Suggestions?

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,947 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for late arrival meal

Where are you staying?

Yorba Linda...
Level Contributor
254 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for late arrival meal

Hamura Saimin. They're open until 10:30pm.

2956 Kress St

Lihue, HI 96766

Phone number (808) 245-3271

Probably only other alternative would be fast food (I.e. McDonalds)

California
Level Contributor
38,436 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for late arrival meal

This is a frequently asked question.

You can do a search above, but honestly just grab fast food. You will be tired and want to get to the condo.

Level Contributor
3 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas for late arrival meal

The Marriott in Poiipu. It is a time share with no restaurant on site.

Level Contributor
3 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideas for late arrival meal

The Marriott in Poiipu. It is a time share with no restaurant on site.

California
Level Contributor
38,436 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ideas for late arrival meal

There is a restaurant at the hotel,(its a timeshare and hotel) but probably not open late. I would just drive straight out of the airport (instead of turning left to the hotel) and grab something quick at a fast food place in Lihue. McDonalds, KFC are a few. Also a Burger King is down the highway a bit across from Macys'. I know it isn't fancy but it will fill your tummy until you get to Times Market the next morning.

If you are up to it, Duke's Barefoot Bar would be open and its steps away from The Marriott. Its open till 10. You will need a second wind though.

http://www.dukeskauai.com/menus/barefoot-bar

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,866 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ideas for late arrival meal

FYI - Big Save in Koloa will be open until 11p.m; you can grab something there, too. That is what we used to do, just so we could get to the condo and settle in without losing any time. But, when you leave the airport and head straight up Ahukini Rd, you come to a T intersection (2nd set of lights you'll hit) that is right at KFC, with Pizza Hut and McD's just down the street after you turn left (the way to Poipu) so you'll do fine for simple options.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,947 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ideas for late arrival meal

I never recommend fast food..... but that may be your only option.

I did notice that Keoki's Paradise is open until10:30. Probably cannot get in to the restaurant but maybe the bar, which has a great menu. It's very close to the Marriott in Poipu.

www.keokisparadise.com/menus/bamboo-bar

Tortilla Republic is serving dinner downstairs until 9:45 p.m., also closer to your lodging.

tortillarepublic.com/hawaii/?page_id=10024

And Brennecke's (right next door) is open until 10:00 p.m.

http://www.brenneckes.com/

California
Level Contributor
38,436 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ideas for late arrival meal

Then Mezzop's recommendation is perfect.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,866 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ideas for late arrival meal

Those are good places, martik, but I wouldn't count on getting to any of them with a 9 p.m. arrival. Keoki's maybe, but at that time of night? And then there's the fatigue factor.

To the OP - I would eat in Lihue and then not have to worry about any timing out in Poipu. Not relaxing when you are on strange roads, etc in the dark (I'm assuming you are new). Too much like pressure. We don't eat fastfood very often, but sometimes needs must.

I think getting to your condo is what you will want to do asap and maybe stroll down through the grounds to the beachfront area if the moon is up and your energy is too. The grounds are quite lovely at Marriot Waiohai, even at night. You can start breathing in that beautiful Kauai air!