We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help finding a cottage rental

new mexico
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Need help finding a cottage rental

We are a family of four, with two teens. I believe I have narrowed it down to wanting to stay on the north shore. However I am at a complete loss as to renting a place. We would like privacy, 2brdrooms and on the beach or very close. We don't have a large budget either probably around 200-250 a night. I've been looking at vbro but is there any of sites that y'all can recommend?

California
Level Contributor
9,696 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help finding a cottage rental

This cottage is in your price range; it's about a 5 min. walk to Hanalei Bay. I rent another property from this owner every year. http://www.vrbo.com/117367

vancouver, b.c.
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help finding a cottage rental

Try www.kauaiexclusive.com/ also www.parrishkauai.com/ Come back on here to ask about specific units.

new mexico
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help finding a cottage rental

Thank you for additional links.

California
Level Contributor
37,467 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help finding a cottage rental

Bali Hai Realty has rentals in Hanalei.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,121 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help finding a cottage rental

Take a look at Punahele Hale on either VRBO or Kauai Vacation Rentals and Real Estate. It is on Anini beach in a very good location. It is not fancy, but quite comfortable.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
18,414 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help finding a cottage rental

And here's another one:

http://www.vrbo.com/344952

new mexico
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help finding a cottage rental

You guys are awesome! I need all the help I can get to find a place. We don't really want fancy but clean. With some privacy. We will be spending a lot of time swimming so a safe beach to walk to is important.

California
Level Contributor
9,696 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help finding a cottage rental

With two teens, I'd choose something close to Hanalei Bay where you can walk to the beach as well as to town. Anini is pretty, but I'd never stay there. We go for a couple of hours every year so my husband can fish, but all I do there is wade--never swim. The water always looks kind of murky reminds me of a big lake. You also have a bit of a drive to get to any grocery store or restaurants.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help finding a cottage rental

We rented this place next May. Obviously I can't recommend it yet, but it looks great and the reviews are excellent.

http://www.vrbo.com/254367

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,362 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help finding a cottage rental

Yes, being in Hanalei would be a lot of fun for you and your teens. We rented a house from Bali Hai Realty last fall; it's a 3 BR above your budget but I definitely recommend Bali Hai. balihai.com/KauaiVacationRentals/Hanalei.aspx

It may be a challenge to find beachfront in your budget; Hanalei is small and it's not a long walk to the beach from most parts of town (if I did it with a 3 and almost 5 yo, your teens can make it just fine!). Hanalei also has convenient shops and restaurants, which Anini doesn't (and it's not terribly convenient to walk to Princeville Center from the resorts - doable, but not convenient).

You don't say what time you're traveling but if it's a peak season (Christmas, Spring Break, summer) you'd better get a move on picking a place - the nice and reasonably priced ones book up fast!