We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for filler for 9.4.14

Level Contributor
13 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for filler for 9.4.14

Husband and I are on NCLs Pride and arriving at 8am on Thursday, 9/4 in Kauai. We are torn...we have already booked a helicopter tour for the 5th at 830am (finished at 10:30am), but that is all we have planned so far. Our hope was, that with wise counsel here in this forum, advice as to how to fill the first day and after the helicopter tour on Day 2 would be given.

Our thoughts and interests would be:

Smith luau versus an evening sailing dinner cruise on Day one.

Renting a car and self touring the W Canyon on Day one before the evening plans (Day one)

What do we do after the helicopter tour? We must be back on the ship by noon, so Day 2 is pretty much shot.

Help.....what do we do on our Day one??

California
Level Contributor
35,561 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for filler for 9.4.14

Rent a car and drive to the North Shore. Waimea Canyon might be too cloudy by the time you get up there.

You could drive to The North Shore and still be back for a luau.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for filler for 9.4.14

Ditto. Just get a rental car and head north. It's the perfect time of the year to check out the north shore. Not to knock the canyon but the north shore of Kauai is more representative of Hawaii and would offer more to do.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,226 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for filler for 9.4.14

Rental car. North shore drive.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for filler for 9.4.14

I've never been but did read a couple bad reviews about Smith's Luau. Could be a few disgruntled people though. ;)

I thought this one looked cooler

http://auliiluau.com

Coto de Caza...
Level Contributor
201 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for filler for 9.4.14

I'm a South Shore girl, but I would rent a car and drive North. You won't be sorry. :)

6. Re: Looking for filler for 9.4.14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 06:16