We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

north or south departure for na pali coast tour?

kansas
Level Contributor
43 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
north or south departure for na pali coast tour?

My husband and I are going to Kauai for our 30th anniversary in a couple of weeks. We are staying in the north-Princeville and want to do a Na Pali coast boat trip. My husband does not get motion sick. I have been on several small boats and never gotten sick but have gotten sick on a big cruise ship (go figure). I love the idea of getting on a boat 15, rather than 70 minutes away from where we are staying and also the idea of being able to go into the caves on the smaller boats but would hate to be sick. No matter which type of boat we take I will take Dramamine. Any thoughts?

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,928 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: north or south departure for na pali coast tour?

Especially since you are staying north, plan to leave from the north. I have used Holoholo charters and had a great day - I would book online today. :)

California
Level Contributor
36,106 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: north or south departure for na pali coast tour?

No brainer.

North Shore. Make a reservation now. They are small boats and don't hold many.

Take an anti motion sickness pill the night before and before your departure.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
616 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: north or south departure for na pali coast tour?

Agree. North Shore!! It was so cool going onto the caves!

Just our own experience: hubby and I took two bonine and our girls took Dramamine and we felt completely drugged by 1 pm and had to scrap our plans and sleep the rest of the day! The girls recovered faster as Dramamine doesn't last as long.

Have fun!!

kansas
Level Contributor
43 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: north or south departure for na pali coast tour?

Thank you all for your suggestions. I think a north shore departure , along with some dramamine, is going to be the ticket!

montreal
Level Contributor
670 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: north or south departure for na pali coast tour?

We took "Napali Catamaran" from the north coast and loved it. The guys were a lot of fun and gave a great tour, including the caves and snorkelling with the turtles. Do a morning tour for quieter seas.

6. Re: north or south departure for na pali coast tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 05:17