We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus or Shuttle Service on North Shore

Austin, Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
Bus or Shuttle Service on North Shore

I see that parking for all the popular destinations is a problem. While we will have a car and will use it if needed, I would like to use a shuttle or bus to some locations so I don't have to stress out over getting there super early in order to find parking. Anyone use a bus or shuttle to get to beaches or parks? Thanks :)

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,636 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus or Shuttle Service on North Shore

>>>I see that parking for all the popular destinations is a problem. <<<

That is not true. It "can" be a problem at Ke'e (though we've always found a parking spot), Makua (Tunnels) only has a few spots, but most likely you can park at Ha'ena and walk down the beach.

The bus does not go further North than Hanalei town and there are no shuttles.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,884 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus or Shuttle Service on North Shore

Unless you are staying at Hanalei Colony Resort in Haena. They have a shuttle to Tunnels, Ke'e and Hanalei but only for guests.

California
Level Contributor
37,996 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus or Shuttle Service on North Shore

Just drive. Taking a bus will only get you to Hanalei Town and then you'd have to walk blocks and blocks to the beach.

Shuttle service= taxis. There is plenty of parking at some beaches.

Austin, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus or Shuttle Service on North Shore

Thanks for the information. Good to know that parking stress is not as bad as I expected.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,636 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus or Shuttle Service on North Shore

This site will show you just about all the beaches on Kaua'i, with directions and parking.

http://www.kauaibeachscoop.com/

6. Re: Bus or Shuttle Service on North Shore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 07:16