We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Napali boat tour alternative asap

sandy, utah
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Need Napali boat tour alternative asap

I just had a freak accident after arriving today and the dr. said no snorkeling due to risk of infection for which I am heartbroken. I canceled my boat tour with the Napali Experience (no bathroom and big chance of getting wet) and need to find a replacement cruise. I'd prefer an afternoon one leaving from the South Shore. Which one provides the best bang for the buck? Are the ones that include a nice dinner worth the extrs cost?

Holo Holo Charters
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Other Outdoor Activities, Dolphin & Whale Watching
Na Pali Catamaran
Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Dolphin & Whale Watching
Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Napali boat tour alternative asap

Do we have have a superb alternitive for you, but get cracking, do not hold off booking.

SOUTHERN STAR.....look them up on the web......this is total class, sunset dinner, quality appointments, luxury seating, fantastic views of the napali, no snorkeling, great meals cooked on board in their galley, not packed into coolers and delivered..

they are not on the south shore....hate to tell you this, but there are NO SOUTH SHORE DEPARTURES for the NAPALI....look in you guide book and you will see the distance that the south shore is from the Napali Coast.

They are out of Port Allen ( capt andy's offices ) in Port Allen in ele ele.

California
Level Contributor
38,432 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Napali boat tour alternative asap

I am so sorry something happened to you. I hope you are ok.

I agree with Denny's recommendation. Southern Star would be a nice trip.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,612 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Napali boat tour alternative asap

The operators out of Port Allen inclujde Captain Andy's, Blue Dolphin, HoloHolo and Kauai SeaTours. For their regular morning and afternoon 5 hour sails the script is about the same - same route, same type and size of catamaran, same stops for snorkeling with lunch, prices about the same (slightly less if you book online). I would recommend any of these as there's really not much difference.

There is the option of Captain Andy's newer Southern Star boat which also leaves from Port Allen. It's a notch above all the others in comfort and style. Also a little more but i think it's worth it.

Dinner sails - No, I don't think the extra money is worth it but that's just my opinion. Fine dining is not my idea of a NaPali cruise and the "fine" part is questionable. Leave the boat cruise to seeing the NaPali during the warmest part of the day with full sun. Towards the latter part of the dinner cruises it can get pretty cool out there on the water. Just my opinion but the idea of fine dining on a catamaran in the rougher afternoon waters doesn't make sense to me. Just my opinion.

4. Re: Need Napali boat tour alternative asap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 06:18