We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off island

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Off island

Yep, we are all prepared and will be heading off to Seal Beach, and then Ireland, and Greece on boating and sailing adventures. What is pretty neat, when the vacations are over, we are happy to be returning to our kauai island home.

And, thanks to you posters, I told Erica, when we arrive back on island, and stow our one duffel bag each at our home condo, we are walking over to Dukes at Kapapaki Beach and I am treating her to a welcome back to the garden island lunch/dinner along with a mohito or maitai. We want to get back to tropical hawaiian style.

Best to all of you posters and D.E's, our kauai weather is sunny, warm, light trades, blue skies, with a few fair weather cumulous clouds. So, have fun.

California
Level Contributor
35,832 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Off island

So jealous you are going sailing in Greece. That was one of my favorite sails.

May you have fair winds, good wine and I know the company is good.

Have fun.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,395 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Off island

Aloha you two...have a wonderful time!

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,800 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Off island

Oh Denny may the two of you have a great time. I have one word for you: Santorini

Aloha nui. Caddy Man

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Off island

Aloha, Denny. Have a wonderful time and see you in the Fall!

California
Level Contributor
9,389 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Off island

You and Erica have a wonderful time! We look forward to hearing all about this amazing trip!

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,008 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Off island

Aloha, Denny and Erica. Enjoy, be safe and contact us when you get back so we can hear the tales.

Chico, CA
Level Contributor
722 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Off island

Have a wonderful time! Thank you for all your help and advice on this forum.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Off island

Thanks to everyone,

Joan, wish we could have met up with you at the get together and learned some of your greek island sailing tales. From the information that I have learned about, I actually made up my full color own personal cruising guide and had it published ( printed)....one whole copy, but I am thinking, that the greek island groups of the saronic and cycledes may be one of the best cruising crounds that we have experienced.

Caddy, yes, we will be spending a couple of days on Santorini......The trips can be one or two weeks...we took the two weeks....so they drop us off at Los, and we ferry over to Santorini where we stay and play.

Then, The sailing vessel Christiana (four cabins) takes the one weekers back to athens....and then returns to los, whre we join up to head to Mikonos and other islands. We will be part of the crew as watch captains, and when on watch are responsible for the sailing, navigation, and safety of the crew and passengers.

i it is gong to seem strange not checking out the forum each day, but we will be back in about a month and half. I am sure that there will be some grand tales......might send out the travel logs on e mail with apporopriate photos. I will let you all know in October.

Our taxi to LIH, is due to pick us up in little over an hour.....the cleaning lady came at 8 am, so we walked over to the feral pig for breakfast and then across the road along Kalapaki Beach....now back home waiting for our 11:45 pick up.

Oh, The Feral Pig has excellent breakfasts, and super service. But something new is coming to the Harbor Mall........I saw some equipment going into the old downstairs creps place.......so I asked them what it was going to be......it is going to be a new ICE CREAM SHOP.....do not have any other information, but sounds pretty good.

Gotta get, and stow our lanai table chairs in the living room. I ratcheted down the table with sturdy straps, and also the large palm trees and pots, to the different lanai railings and thick posts. This is in case of one of those many hurricanes pays us a visit.

The power of those winds is tremendous, and if the wind sweeeps anything thru one of our lanai windows, it will open a deluge of strong rain that will ruin everything on that floor. The car is way up inside the open ended garage, and the wheels are blocked to keep it from being pushed around. So far Kauai Island has had pretty good luck, hope it holds.

We will not know any bad news, , since we will not have a cell phone or eletronic device....we are incommunicado...and are going to fully enjoy our adventure...if something bad occurs we cannot fix it, so the plan is to keep the fun light illuminated, and life joyous and positive.

Happy kauai adventures to you all

denny and the admiral ( erica )

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,800 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Off island

You're going off the Grid. You're a better man than I am "Gunga Din! (Rudyard Kipling)

Being on the Denny "peeps" mailing list, I know I am in store for future reading of Denny's latest novel entitled "Tales of Debauchery Whilst Sailing the Greek Isles"!

Best thing to know is you are going to have a great time and lots of fun. As an "experienced" Sailor Man and such, I know I don't even have to TELL you that! LOL

Enjoy and be safe!

California
Level Contributor
35,832 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Off island

Which area of Greece are you sailing? Corfu side? It will be almost as special as Kauai!!!!