We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photography sites

NJ
10 posts
Save Topic
Photography sites

We will be in Kauai from 11/27 - 12/4 with a rental car. Hubby is an avid amateur photographer - are there specific places he shouldn't miss photographing? We will most likely have our 7 and 9 yo kids and my fit 59 yo mother with us. If there is a paradise that requires rigorous hiking to get to, we can always leave the kids with grandma at the hotel. Thanks.

California
Level Contributor
37,942 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Photography sites

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29218-i304-k33041…

To the right of your question is an entire section on photography. Check out some of our frequent posters blogs (slabeume's for instance) and see what appeals to you. There is a photo tour you could take too.

I would never not go to the North Shore and take pictures of the taro fields.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
431 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Photography sites

the drive to waimea canyon has tons of photo ops along the way. our 7 y/o got carsick so my ops were cut short so he may want to do that on his own.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
59 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Photography sites

Ok ... you peaked my interest :-)

Why no pictures of the Taro fields?

California
Level Contributor
37,942 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photography sites

No No!!! My NOT got in the wrong place. I would never go to the North Shore and NOT take picture of those gorgeous taro fields. That lookout will blow your socks off.

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Photography sites

Just about anywhere you turn in Kauai can be the object of a fantastic photo. But I'll have to admit that the taro field overlook, the Kilauea lighthouse overlook, Tunnels beach towards the Bali mountains, and Waimea Canyon are definite must photograph. Even though we've been there 12 times, I still photograph them every time we go to them.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
59 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Photography sites

OK ... good to hear ... I couldn't imagine what was the issue photographing the Taro fields. Glad I asked :-D

Hayward, CA
Level Contributor
191 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Photography sites

I would recommend taking a hike to the top of the Sleeping Giant (Mount Nounou). Nice photo opps along the trail. And when you get to the top, beautiful views of the island! It is not a difficult hike and 1.75 miles if you take the West side trail. Tennis shoes are fine for this trek. The East side trail is more difficult.

United States
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Photography sites

Here's our album, we did zero strenuous hikes.

Most of the shots are from a helicopter tour or just driving around. There are lookout points scattered about the island, and some "drive up" waterfalls.

Every photo is captioned with the place name so you should be able to find it in your guidebook.

Kauai 2013 https://flickr.com/photos/35237090171@N01/sets/72157639533384023

9. Re: Photography sites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 07:16