We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATVing...is it dangerous?

Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Topic
ATVing...is it dangerous?

Is ATVing dangerous? Is it worth it to spend some of my precious vacation time ATVing? Should I spend my time and money doing something else? Any advice will be appreciated!

California
Level Contributor
37,453 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATVing...is it dangerous?

Do you want to do it? To me it is less dangerous than other activities or even driving on the Kauai streets. Personally on the island its pretty darn tame. I've done an ATV in Oregon and Mexico. This is a piece of cake.

Why not play it by ear! My kids love to do this, but its not a must do activity like a boat tour or an air tour.

Dallas
Level Contributor
22,912 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATVing...is it dangerous?

Absolutely it can be dangerous. Depends totally on the driver maturity and experience.

But, surfing can be dangerous, snow skiing can be dangerous, wave runners can be very dangerous, swimming in fresh water in Hawaii can be dangerous, so only you can decide.

Edited: 22 August 2014, 22:31
Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,784 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATVing...is it dangerous?

We took my kids on the Kipu ATV tour in 2012 and they loved it! It was very safe and the operators were very careful with safety and making sure everyone was able to drive the ATV comfortably, etc. Since my kids were not old enough to drive and I had no interest in driving, we rented a 4 seater and it was a blast. NO, it's not dangerous if you take the right tour company, follow instructions, etc. and I've only heard good reviews from the ones on Kauai.

4. Re: ATVing...is it dangerous?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 06:16