We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding planner recommendations

Edmonton, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Wedding planner recommendations

We are planning on getting married in Kauai October 2015...looking for recommendations on a reliable, trustworthy, cost competitive wedding planner to help us out. This is for a bigger wedding.

Let us know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,

California
Level Contributor
9,304 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding planner recommendations

I've seen this company recommended here. http://www.alohanaweddings.com/ Do you have an idea where you want the ceremony?

California
Level Contributor
35,545 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding planner recommendations

I've personally used the services of Diana Gardener and can say she did a good job for my vow renewal and I now follow her Facebook page and it seems many others are happy with her as well. She can do big or small weddings.

Edited: 04 September 2014, 04:25
Edmonton, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding planner recommendations

We're open. We want an oceanview wedding, but doesn't have to be on the beach.

Edmonton, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding planner recommendations

Great, we were impressed by her online presentation as well! How big was your event...any tips for us to consider as we start planning? We are a year away from the big day.

Thanks for your help.

California
Level Contributor
35,545 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding planner recommendations

I had between 45 and 50 guests. It was at Wedding Walk at Hanalei Bay Resort. The backdrop is Hanalei Bay and Bali Hai. We had it at sunset.

Tips? Choose a location where your guests can stay close by and somewhere where there is a variety of options for people's budget. If you choose Grand Hyatt (which has a lovely wedding location) or St Regis, those hotels are expensive. Diana knows all the best photographers (I like Images by Liz), florists and officiants (Paster Kilborn). You might even consider a private home ceremony, a botanical garden setting etc. Check out as many pictures as possible. Then figure out where you want to have a reception, how far away it is from your ceremony site or how you will transport your guests if its far away. Any good wedding planner will know these answers. Another good planner is Deb with Maile Weddings.

kauaiwedpro.com/wedding-coordinators/maile-w…

Check out her website. She has recommendations on salons, photographers etc.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
29 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding planner recommendations

It's on the higher end, but we used Moana Events and they were great. Super organized, responded quickly to emails, and completely on top of everything.

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding planner recommendations

This chef does amazing wedding cakes, look him up on Instagram sugarskull808

2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding planner recommendations

This chef does amazing wedding cakes look him up on Instagram sugarskull808

Georgia
Level Contributor
601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding planner recommendations

It appears as if someone dug up an old post, but if the OP sees this I'm curious to know if you ended up using Diana Gardener? I am using her for my May 11th wedding and have been asking since February for an estimate on my costs to date and she just will not send it to me. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks from my wedding and I no longer want an estimate but the actual cost. Still I have yet to see an invoice. I've never in my life had such difficulty getting a bill so I can pay someone :(

Georgia
Level Contributor
601 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding planner recommendations

I apologize, I spelled her name wrong. It's Diana Gardner