We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cell phone service

ohio
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cell phone service

Hi everyone. Will be travelling to Hyatt in Poipu area and wondering if my Cingular cell phone service will work ok in that area. Anybody have any experience with this? Thanks.

ohio
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: cell phone service

By the way...We're definitely not one of the obnoxious cell phone talkers....just want to have it available for kids to reach us in emergency. Anyone with any experience please let us know. Thanks again - we appreciate everyone's helpfulness.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cell phone service

The only problem we had was around Waimea Canyon and the Napali coast but than we didn't want to be bothered there anyway, and we have sprint I've seen other posts with just about every carrier and got the same.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
304 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cell phone service

We have Cingular Nationwide. It works great on the entire Island other than Larsens and Secret Beach and the Waimea Canyon, other that those spots, we had great reception. We, too, will be staying on the South Shore from Nov 4 to Nov11. Enjoy!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cell phone service

suuny

For the most part we have not had a problem with cell phone operations in the Poipu area.

However, I have noticed that I do lose reception in the tree tunnel, but I think that is due to Mt. Ha'upu, and sometimes I believe on a section of the by-pass road near poipu road.

Mostly do not use it when driving, but have had calls, and will lose reception in those places.

Otherwise, T-mobile has been great, but we dont really use it to much when traveling the island, only at home in puhi, and at poipu kai when we were visiting.

Denny

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,478 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cell phone service

Our Cingular cell did not work in our room at the Hyatt. We were in the Poipu Wing. We had to go to the Lobby area to call home. We got reception in most parts of the island, however.

6. Re: cell phone service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 15:18