We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Larsen's Beach

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Larsen's Beach

Anyone know the condition of this beach since the spring floods and the damn break?

Mahalo

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Larsen's Beach

My husband and I spent some time at Larsen's Beach over the summer and didn't notice anything different from previous years except MORE PEOPLE. This past summer anyway, it sure seemed more of a "family beach" than the "adult" beach we've seen in the past. Still beautiful and unaffected by the flooding, as far as I could tell.

Now that school is back in session, I'd think the beach would be less "crowded" that what we saw. By crowded, I mean couples or families every 50 yards or so -- too crowded for me!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Larsen's Beach

Barney

Just at Larsens last week, and it was NOT crowded at all...just a few people. We checked out the snokeling which was pretty much a waste of time due to the shallow reef, and very few fish.

Wound up there using plan B. The road to the north shore was was closed both ways due to very serious car accident.

We saw the traffic slowing, and we stopped south of Kiluea. Tuned in KONG RADIO, and they reported the road would be closed for hours.

We immediately did a 180, and drove south to LARSENS, had a nice time, soaked up some sun, and headed back home to puhi. Stopped and had lunch at SCOTTY's in north Kapaa, and that was really nice. First time there, and it wont be the last.

From what I heard, many people just sat in that line for hours, waiting for the road to open. Accident occured about 10am, and the road did not reopen until about 2:30.

Those trying to make it back to the cruise ship were OK, since the ship passed word over KONG, that it would delay sailing until 5 pm.

Airlines said that passengers missing their inter island flights would be able to take later flights and not to worry. Hope all that worked out for them.

Have fun at Larsens, the beach is in great shape, and only about

20 people that we saw from one end to the other. Bit different than Waikiki.

Denny

Nashville
Level Contributor
72 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Larsen's Beach

We just got back on Saturday and visited Larsen's the day after the previous poster. We planned to go the same day, but were stuck on the north side of the accident they mentioned, so we hit 'Anini. Larsen's was not crowded, easy path, pretty raging surf though! It was great to hang out, eat lunch, and watch the crashing waves. Saw just one naked dude. Saw about 15 cats though, very sad. They are all so thin! Enjoy the scenery!

4. Re: Larsen's Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 17:18