We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable manicures & spa pedicures on Kauai?

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
Save Topic
Reasonable manicures & spa pedicures on Kauai?

Hi, I'm here on Kauai in advance of a wedding party who will arrive next week. The bride is a friend who is not all that familar with Kauai, so I'm trying to help her out with planning some wedding party activities.

I'd like to find a salon that offers manicures and spa pedicures, so that all the women in the party can go in the day before the wedding and get pampered, but not so much that it will break anyone's budget. Anyone know of a reasonable salon that could accommodate a few people at once?

I've got a phone book and can just go down the line calling salons, but I"m looking for a recommendation from anyone who has had a good experience, without it being too expensive. Mahalo!

Ontario
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable manicures & spa pedicures on Kauai?

hula4me,

It's too bad you haven't gotten any responses. I am going to Kauai in January and I would love to get a manicure and pedicure while I am there.

Please let me know if you find out any info!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable manicures & spa pedicures on Kauai?

Well, I've been checking around at the non-hotel type places here in the Wailua-Kapaa area, as we are interested in getting prices and service geared more to the local customers.

I had my nails done last week at Paradise Beauty Salon and Spa in Kapaa Town. They were very nice and friendly, but they didn't apply the polish to the full nail, just kinda the middle part - and it starting wearing off long before it should. After rushing around all day in the warm weather, I wasn't crazy about the heated neck pillow they put on me, either, which I guess was the "spa" part. It was cheaper than a hotel spa, but still more expensive than what I'd like to pay, especially with me not really being happy with the job!

So, then my daughter arrived the next day and had her nails done at Kapaa Nail in Waipouli Plaza (just north of Safeway. She thought they did a good job and also really liked the service. Reasonable prices, but I can't remember what they were.

Then the girls at the hair salon we plan to use (Main Attraction in Kinipopo Shopping Village) mentioned there is a new nail salon on the mauka side of the highway, called Acrylic Nails, which offers spa pedicures and manicures -- as well as alterations, They can accommodate 3 at a time, so we'll just go in shifts. They used to be located at Kukui Grove, but recently moved to the Wailua Plaza Center (Near Haleilio Road, if you are familair with the Wailua area.)

We checked it out this afternoon and decided the prices and convenience of the location for us, would be ideal. So, we'll be getting manicures and pedicures tomorrow. (Manicure $19, Spa Pedicure $30.)

I'll make a report of our experience after our appointments. Keep in mind, we are trying to keep these experiences affordable and convenient, which is why we're not doing the hotel spa type thing. I am a frequent returnee to Kauai, always stay in the same place, and am thrilled to find all these places within walking distance of my condo.

Nice thing about these three places is that we can walk to the hair salon, nail salon and florist (JC's) from where we are staying (Wailua Bay View) so, we don't have to fight the traffic. I'll report on all after the wedding.

Ontario
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable manicures & spa pedicures on Kauai?

hula4me,

This is great information, as I am also staying at WBV, and we are planning on getting married while we are there in January.

I look forward to hearing how your experience goes. Please also let me know how the hair salon is, as I would also like to get me hair done for my big day, but don't really want to shell out a fortune either.

Thanks again for sharing your info!

4. Re: Reasonable manicures & spa pedicures on Kauai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 08:21