We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holoholo Sunset Tour

United States
Level Contributor
418 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Holoholo Sunset Tour

Has anyone take the Holoholo sunset tour? We want to see the coast from the water but am not interested in snorkeling. Thanks!

Na Pali Catamaran
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Scuba & Snorkeling
Blue Dolphin Charters
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching
Kauai Sea Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Water Sports, Dolphin & Whale Watching
Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holoholo Sunset Tour

Pixie

You might NOT be snorkeling on the Holo Holo sunset cruise. One thing is the sun will be starting down, and there will be much less illumination of the coral and sea life....the swells may be a little high, and out of the north....

If they did have snorkeling, late, you DO NOT HAVE to go into the water....they will have a feast layed out for you, and some maitais, and sodas, and a wonder view, and....well...it will be very nice. You can be enjoying the decadant life and relaxed to the max.

Just have fun, but do not be bashful about calling Holo Holo, and ask them any thing that you want. Friendly folks, there.

Denny

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Holoholo Sunset Tour

Unless they changed their tours, there is no snorkeling on the Holoholo Sunset Cruise. It just goes up the coast and nudges into the caves, when possible. I've done the Sunset Tour twice. Once in calm water (summer) and once with large swells (winter) the calm water was better, for sure, as you can get closer to shore.

I've also done their Supertour to Niihau, where they drop anchor for snorkeling off Lehua Rock. I had never snorkeled, but gave it a try anyway and loved it. My husband stayed on the boat and enjoyed chatting with the crew and just watching the snorkelers.

I just left Kauai this week and some of my party did the Holoholo Supertour to Niihau. The water was unusually calm that day (Nov 11) and they were able to back into some caves and everything. They had a great time!

If you do the sunset cruise -- just be warned that it's not all slow cruising -- they go slow up and then speed things up on the way back (or vice-versa?) anyway you're going to get wet if you stay out on deck. I love to stand at the rail and just get blasted by the water when they go over the swells. I wear a cheap thin windbreaker to keep my clothes from getting drenched -- and of course I wear quick drying shorts such as board shorts. The crew on the Holoholo boats are great! Have fun!

3. Re: Holoholo Sunset Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 02:17