We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hale Kua near Lawai - has anyone stayed there?

chicago
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hale Kua near Lawai - has anyone stayed there?

I am spending 8 nights on Kauai in late March. 4 nights perhaps at Hale Kua in the south and 4 nights at Kalama Cottage in the East away from the congestion. This is our first time to Kauai and I want to have two experiences so when we come back I'll know where to stay. Haven't seen much written on Hale Kua. Thankyou to the nice person who wrote back about Kalama Cottage. I spoke to them yesterday - so nice and learned more about it. They call themselves a B and B but they do not serve breakfast...funny. It looks beautiful - the cottage is available. Mahalo.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hale Kua near Lawai - has anyone stayed there?

I see you are new to T.A. and so I am just checking to see if you did scroll the reviews posted by folks who actually stayed at Hale Kua. Those posts are very positive and very descriptive.

Copy and paste this post:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60622-d253060-…

Finding your comfort zone (north, east or south) with the thought that someday you may return to Kauai is smart! Feeling like Goldilocks, one was too small, one was too big, one was too busy and Kauai was just right, for me.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hale Kua near Lawai - has anyone stayed there?

Oops..I forgot to "say what." I visited four of the islands to know that Kauai was "just right."

chicago
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hale Kua near Lawai - has anyone stayed there?

Thank you Bjbert for your responses to both of my questions. I'll report once I return.

denville, nj
Level Contributor
712 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hale Kua near Lawai - has anyone stayed there?

My sister and I stayed at Hale Kua 6 years ago, and since it seems to be owned by the same couple I imagine my comments would still be valid. We loved it!! Initially we had planned on renting one of the 1 bedroom units in the "tree house", but as they were both booked for the last day of our intended stay, the owner suggested we take the top floor 3 bedroom unit for just $10 more a night. The apartment was immaculate, and well appointed. Three bedrooms,(two with queen beds, one with 2 singles), 2 bathrooms, and a loft with an additional queen fouton. The large living room had very comfortable couches, tv , selection of Kauai books and videos, and stereo system. A separate dining area with table for 6 and a completely equipped kitchen with a breakfast bar. Washer and dryer in a pantry area, and lots of beach towels, chairs boogie boards, and a cooler. The wrap around lanai was delightful for early morning cup of coffee, and overlooks the Lawai valley. The owners were on the mainland when we were there, but the couple substituting for them was very helpful with suggestions of things to do, and not at all intrusive. I picked some fruit from their orchard and it was delicious. The house is in a residential area of Kalaheo, and is very quiet and peaceful. We felt as though we were living on Kauai, not just visiting. I would recommend staying there if you can.

5. Re: Hale Kua near Lawai - has anyone stayed there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 20:19