We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report 3

West Hollywood...
Level Contributor
223 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report 3

Going home tomorrow and I'm depresssed. It looks like the weather has cleared up (yesterday was a bit chilly). Yesterday we drove down to Poipu to do some snorkeling. It was pretty windy and the snorkeling wasn't that great. The last time I was here was summertime and I was totally blown away by Ke'e and Tunnels. Poipu wasn't even close, though at least you could go in the water. We took a walk through Koloa and met some interesting locals. We left around 2 and drove to JoJo's in Waimea, had wonderful shave ice (no lines this time of year) and then drove up to Kokee State Park. The three friends I'm with had never been before and found the scenery awesome. This is another must do. Leave yourself enough time to do t least one hinking trail along with going to all the lookouts. Also, bring a jacket this time of year. It was pretty cold in the higher elevation.

On the way home we stopped at Pizzeta for dinner and then Cold Stone for dessert. Pizzeta is casual, fun, good basic Italian food. We've been eating at realtively wonderful and expensive restaurants all week and it was nice to have some good pizza, pasta and calzones.

We're headed to Larsen's Beach in a few minutes and will probably go back to Postcards for dinnner tonight.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report 3

Mahalo for your newsy updates...even tho your blues are starting to take hold. I know it can get chilly at the elevations. Good of you to let others know that can happen occasionally and they need to carry jackets or sweaters. Guess it wasn't too chilly for Coldstone and Jo'Jo's tho, huh?

West Hollywood...
Level Contributor
223 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report 3

One of my friends has to have ice cream at least once a day while on vacation, no matter what the weather. By the way the Pizzetta we went to was the one in Kappa'a. I'm finding that the more time i spend it Kappa'a the more it grows on me. Hanalei is still my number one choice but there seems to be more variety of restaurants and other shops in Kappa'a.

BC Canada
Level Contributor
511 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report 3

....."One of my friends has to have ice cream at least once a day while on vacation, no matter what the weather. ...."

LOL Joel, I think I'll adopt that habit too, but will change it to a glass of red wine :0)

Thanks for your updates - I know how sad that last day can be!

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report 3

Yep, the east side really can grow on you! Nice to have so many restaurants and shops so close. Plus it's not too far from either direction. Wish we were there now---but we will be in a few more weeks!

5. Re: Trip Report 3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 19:19