We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Air

California
Level Contributor
37,268 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Island Air

Ellison does it again....

bizjournals.com/pacific/…

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Air

Additional info:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29220-i86-k602945…

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Air

Well...let's hope it's an improvement over the old Island Air and that most of the current island air employees keep thier jobs. I wonder if we are going to start seeing package deals air/hotel to lanai?

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Air

Very interesting, thanks for posting the news.

Ottawa, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Island Air

Do not waste your money on flying Island Air! They just stole 2 days of our vacation in Hawaii.

Our flight on Fri Apr 19 (#425) from Maui to Kauai was delayed for 4 hours, citing mechanical. After they boarded us, they left us on the plane for almost an hour because the ground crew couldn't figure out how to do the weight and balance.

We had only planned to spend the weekend in Kauai. So our return was Sun Apr 21 (#424). Initially it was delayed 30 minutes. After 45 minutes the flight was taken off the board and no gate agent came to explain. Finally someone showed up to let us all know the flight was cancelled and they were going to have to put us all on flights with Hawaiian and GO!. They didn't have rebooking a for everyone so they left again and made us wait another 50 minutes until someone came back and told us to go to another gate for a flight with GO! Via Honolulu. Our 10am departure was now a 2pm departure.

No empathy, no apologies. Complete indifference to any inconvenience. We sat in Honolulu for 2 hours watching all the Island Air flights on the board get delayed one by one.

In 18 years of business travel and longer of traveling for pleasure, I have NEVER seen a more incompetent and unreliable airline. Completely lacking in even the remotest comprehension of customer service.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Island Air

We just came back from our vacation in Hawaii. I have never experienced such an unprofessional , unreliable airline companies in my life.

We went to the island air Honolulu Apt counter after checking in on the website and we were told our flight was canceled. We had to wait for 3 hours and got to Maui Kahului apt late at night by Hawaiian airline. (Our original destination was Kapalua and needed to arrange our re the a car).

Five days later, I checked our flight status online line for going back flight from Kapalua to Honolulu). I urge flight was again changed to Kahului departure and one hour later than original). We called the customer service and find out what was going on. No apologies, no explanation... They just told us to fill out the complaint ffrom on line. We went to Kahului airport and faced an incredible fact... Our 17:45 flight has been canceled again! They just told us that we may not make it another Hawaiian airline flight at 17:25 . then wait for the next one! I was very furious because of their attitude. No apologies what do ever and their unprofessional manner.. Do not rely on their service and waste your precious time and money!!!

6. Re: Island Air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 May 2013, 06:05
Lahaina, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1 post
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Island Air

We had a very unpleasant experience with Island Air. First our connecting Honolulu flight was rescheduled to a later time, so I called Island Air to see about a later flight option from Kauai to HNL. There was a flight, but they charged us $60 to change. Then a month prior to leaving for Hawaii we received a flight change notification and they had changed the flight to leave Kauai earlier - so we wasted $60.

Upon arriving at the airport we were given grief over our carry-ons. They both easily fit in the measurement bins they had, but we were told we would have to pay and check them. When we told them we had $3,000+ in camera equipment in one and the other had chocolate covered Mac nuts - we were given much grief. We pulled out two Walmart bags and carried on the Mac nuts and camera equipment.

The airplane was hot and it was a bumpy flight - in a smaller plane. Not a pleasant way to end a Hawaiian vacation! The flight attendants were nice and gave you Fiji water or juice to drink - but based on our experience of 20 years of inter island flights -- we would not recommend Island Air. We have flown Hawaiian Air the majority of the time -- from the mainland and inter island and have had great service. Book flights early to get the best inter island fares.

Honolulu
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Island Air

I apologize for you less than satisfactory experience with Island Air. If you would please respond to me via email with your flight number, date of travel and and name(s) in the party, I would be happy to look into it and see if there is something we can do for you.

Lois Shore

Chief Marketing Officer

Island Air

lshore@islandair.com

9. Re: Island Air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 06:19