We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lanai - Want quiet and beautiful beach?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
607 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lanai - Want quiet and beautiful beach?

Hi, I have been doing lots of research and just can't decide on where to go? I have been to all the other Hawaiian islands except for Lanai and would really like to visit in early December for nights. BUT..... I just am not sure where to stay? I know there are not many choices, but maybe someone could help me out with what I am looking for?

I am just going by myself to relax on a great beach. I heard Lanai will be hotter than the other islands because it is drier. I am looking for the heat! Hotel Lanai is too far away from beach and the Lodge seems like it may be on nice beach, but may be way out of price range? So my next question is, should I be going then to a really quiet part of Maui instead? is there such a place?

Thank you

Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lanai - Want quiet and beautiful beach?

Your only beach resort option on Lana'i is Four Seasons Manele Bay. There are more beach resorts on Maui, although they may not be as quiet and secluded as Lana'i. I would suggest the Napili area on Maui. You will find several beachfront condos there. Definitely check soon since you are booking less than 2 months in advance.

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,091 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lanai - Want quiet and beautiful beach?

Aloha again Quest. It is actually Manele Bay that is at the beach, as the Lodge at Koele is even further from the beach than the Hotel Lana`i. Unfortunately, Manele is the most expensive place to stay on the island. Even with their every 4th night free promotion, the least expensive rooms are around $450/night this winter, over $100 more than just a couple years ago.

I also wouldn't say Lana`i is "hotter" than other islands, but the leeward side is one of the driest spots in Hawai`i. Temps are all very similar.

So I don't have any other suggestions for Lana`i, as you have learned there is just that one place to stay on the beach.

I have not been to Maui in at least 12 years, so I suggest you post on the Maui forum for advice on a quiet, inexpensive place on the beach. It might be hard to meet that criteria as Maui is quite developed and prices can be steep there too. The Hana side is quiet, but much rainier. It is also quieter up by Kapalua, but can start getting rainier the further north you go. Maybe a condo? From my experience you might have an easier chance to find a quiet place on the Big Island, but combining that with a nice swimmable beach could be hard.

Sorry I cannot be better help.

Good luck!

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,910 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lanai - Want quiet and beautiful beach?

As noted, Lanai is out if you want beachfront and can't afford the Four Seasons Manele Bay. What is your nightly accommodation budget?

Beachfront accommodations on quiet beaches in particular generally come at a premium on all the islands, so you may need to compromise and find yourself walking distance or a short drive to a beach depending on your budget. The Big Island could be a good option as the beaches are very quiet, and there are several within about ten minutes of each other on the Kohala Coast, but in the lower price ranges (under $200/nt) you'll be mostly limited to condos within walking or, more likely, short driving distance to beaches. The Hapuna Prince Beach hotel could be a good option, it's on a very nice beach, the rooms are large and going through a nice refresh, and you can often find rooms for around $200/nt.

4. Re: Lanai - Want quiet and beautiful beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2014, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Lanai