We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 more days and back to Lanai!

toronto
Level Contributor
330 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
12 more days and back to Lanai!

Last year we took a break from flying to Hawaii and went to Los Cabos. It was ok but we both wanted to return to Lanai this year! Can't wait!

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Lanai
Lanai
Hawaii
Vacaville...
Level Contributor
489 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 more days and back to Lanai!

Trip report please? We don't get alot from lanai or Molokai.. Have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
Molokai
Molokai
Hawaii
Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,107 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12 more days and back to Lanai!

I am jealous, have a great trip.

-DrV

Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12 more days and back to Lanai!

Whoo hoo! So happy for you! Can't wait to hear about your adventures.

Lanai City, HI
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 12 more days and back to Lanai!

Looking forward to saying "welcome back!"

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
13,577 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 12 more days and back to Lanai!

Have fun...loved staying on Lanai this past March...won't be this year, but maybe next! Enjoy your time!

Mentioned in this post
Lanai
Lanai
Hawaii
toronto
Level Contributor
330 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 12 more days and back to Lanai!

Hi DRV....sorry you won't be there this year! Did you make plans to go somewhere else? It will be different staying in a condo rather than the resort. However, it was so expensive to stay there for two weeks. I am curious to see how we make out with the shopping of groceries etc. Just so excited to stay for two weeks! We leave next Wednesday!

toronto
Level Contributor
330 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 12 more days and back to Lanai!

Thank you Nature Cat! We leave a week today! Any idea where in Lanai we can purchase meat for BBQ etc? Or can we? We are renting a condo this year, I know there is the Pine Isle market but not sure they have meat. Also, do they carry decent wine?

Mentioned in this post
Lanai
Lanai
Hawaii
Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
30,834 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 12 more days and back to Lanai!

I'll be very interested in your report on the condo, I would love to do that. Do you have a link to the condo?

The wine selection is appalling. I have a fantasy of opening a wine store there. I actually brought wine with me last time we went (I have wine travel cases in different sizes). The two grocery stores seem to have an adequate selection of meats and fish although of course NatureCat will know more since I've always just glanced around.

Edited: 12 December 2013, 00:18
toronto
Level Contributor
330 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 12 more days and back to Lanai!

Hi Shea....I found the condo on VRBO.....just type in Lanai...there are only a few....it's an older condo...but looks great...right beside Manele Bay....if you can't find it let me know...I can get you more info! Thanks for your info.....may have to see if we can purchase wine from the hotels...

Mentioned in this post
Lanai
Lanai
Hawaii
San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 12 more days and back to Lanai!

I was afraid Lanai would be "boring" but found it to be heaven on earth and can't wait to go back someday (hopefully soon)! Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Lanai
Lanai
Hawaii