We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kamaaina rates at Four Seasons Manele Bay & Koele

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
134 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Kamaaina rates at Four Seasons Manele Bay & Koele

Aloha! I was going to get my parents (Hawaii residents) a FS gift card for Christmas b/c they've spent all 65+ yrs of their lives in Hawaii & never visited Lanai & they really want to stay at Manele and/or Koele. I am trying to determine how much to put on the gift card. My question is - does anyone have any idea of the Kamaaina rates for 2014 (or even 2013) for the Prime Ocean Front or Ocean Front rooms at Manele & Koele Deluxe Room at Koele? I understand that rates vary based on time of year, so even a ballpark would do. I'm not able to easily find this info by doing a google search. Mahalo nui loa!

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
25,473 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kamaaina rates at Four Seasons Manele Bay & Koele

You should call and ask because it does vary widely. Last year I believe the kama'aina rate I was charged for an oceanfront room at Manele was right around $500/nt. The Lodge was around $375/nt for a deluxe room. In the past I could rooms at the Lodge for around $200 and Manele for $300 but they went up a lot last year. There are still some deals out there though like stay 4 pay for 3 etc that will lower the effective rate, so so call to get a clearer idea.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
134 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kamaaina rates at Four Seasons Manele Bay & Koele

Thanks for the quick response! I did call Manele & they quoted me the current Kamaaina rate. I think I will do the same for Koele & add some cushion to the gift card. P.S. I am a Big Island girl as well, but have been living in the mainland for 20+ yrs...I miss Hawaii!

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
25,473 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kamaaina rates at Four Seasons Manele Bay & Koele

So what was the quote?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
134 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kamaaina rates at Four Seasons Manele Bay & Koele

Ocean Front (or maybe Prime Ocean Front, I was multi-tasking at work when I called) was $620 at Manele & Koele rang about 20 times before disconnecting, so I wasn't able to get an answer on that one. Sent an e-mail to the hotel asking, too.

5. Re: Kamaaina rates at Four Seasons Manele Bay & Koele

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2014, 06:18