We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Air Four Seasons Lounge, service improvements?

portland,or
Level Contributor
238 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Island Air Four Seasons Lounge, service improvements?

Hi- I've seen a lot of PR about fancy lounge and shuttle service via Mercedes to commuter terminal for Island Air flights from HNL to Lanai (for Four Seasons customers.) That sounds lovely, but I am wondering if there is any actual improvement to the airline and its flights. We took the HNL to Lanai flight a few years ago and it was a disaster. If they still have tons of delays (in our case, 5 hour delay) and cancellations, bad/indifferent service, etc- then no amount of free drinks or other fancy airport amenities will make up for losing half a day of vacation. Thanks for any current information.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,886 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Air Four Seasons Lounge, service improvements?

Larry Ellison bought the airline since you have last flown with them. Haven't heard anything for awhile pro or con about them.

Honolulu, Hawaii
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Air Four Seasons Lounge, service improvements?

Aloha. Thank you for your interest in Island Air. In the last year we have come under new ownership and have overhauled and upgraded the companies operations.

Island Air, flying solely between the islands of Hawai‘i, shares the Aloha spirit throughout the islands with more than 200 weekly flights between O‘ahu, Maui, Kaua‘i, and Lāna‘i. With its 64-seat ATR-72 turboprop aircraft, Island Air is able to offer captivating up close views of Hawai‘i’s landscapes. Founded in 1980 as Princeville Airways, the company was re-named Island Air in 1992, and in February 2013, Island Air was purchased by Oracle founder Larry Ellison’s company, Ohana Airline Holdings, LLC. Visit www.IslandAir.com for more information.

St. Paul, MN
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Air Four Seasons Lounge, service improvements?

Thanks Island-Air-Hawaii for responding on TA. I wish more companies would follow this forum and make comments as appropriate. It shows an interest in good customer service.

Honolulu, Hawaii
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Island Air Four Seasons Lounge, service improvements?

If you have any other questions or concerns regarding your flight, please contact our Customer Relations dept. at cr@islandair.com / 800-388-1105. Have wonderful trip, it is a very beautiful and special place.

5. Re: Island Air Four Seasons Lounge, service improvements?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 06:16