We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zipline suitable for us?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
669 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Zipline suitable for us?

Hi, can any "mature aged" travellers advise if they have done the zipline and would they consider it fine/safe/easy for a couple of non athetic 50 year olds? We play golf and walk a lot but not into extreme sports. It sounds like fun but not if there is a chance of bruises or sore backs etc. Thanks in advance!

Paradise Eco-Adventures
Walking Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Eco Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Piiholo Ranch Zipline
Hiking & Camping Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Kapalua Ziplines
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Maui Activities Store
Kayaking & Canoeing, Scuba & Snorkeling, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Ft Worth, TX
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Zipline suitable for us?

I wondered the same thing and did some research and asked some questions and if you will read this tread and go to the pictures he posted I think it will help you alot.

tripadvisor.com/…5452020

Follow cicopo's link. He did and excellent review and posted some great pictures to let you know what it was like. My wife and I have made resevations to go it in about 20 days!

Here is his link:

http://tinyurl.com/ltvob

Hope this helps! He was 59 at the time so I figure at 53 I ought to give it a shot.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
588 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zipline suitable for us?

My husband and I are a couple of 50ish year olds and had a lot of fun on zipline, no bruises or sore backs. We had a gentleman in our group that was in his 70's and had a big smile at the end like the rest of us. The rain was also pouring and we still had a great time. You will be fine. Do make your reservation well in advance. Have a great trip.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
669 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zipline suitable for us?

Dear TexusRail and Mrob

Thanks very much for your replies. TexusRail I looked up the photos and they are fabulous all 62 of them as was the review.

Mrob could you tell me which zipline company you went with? We are staying in Maui and Oahu.

Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Kansas City
Level Contributor
588 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zipline suitable for us?

It is on Maui. Website is skylinehawaii. You can book online. It is on the way up to Haleakala so we scheduled the zipline for the day we went up to the summit. Have a wonderful trip. Mindy

Mentioned in this post
ontario
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Zipline suitable for us?

Hope you have reservations, we tried to book Zipline before we left on our trip in February. They were booked up and we were told reservations are made 2 years in advance so we did not even go on the waiting list.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,234 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zipline suitable for us?

i was 65 and totally out of shape when i did it and it was a blast-- all you have to do is walk off a platform

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
669 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zipline suitable for us?

thanks everyone for your input! It's been very helpful.

8. Re: Zipline suitable for us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 15:18