We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Lahaina Luau seating

Costa Mesa...
Level Contributor
425 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Old Lahaina Luau seating

I'm booking 2 seat for the first night of our trip (2months early) I can get the ground seating or the regular table and chairs. How uncomfortable is it. Are the seats alot better if you on the ground compared to the chairs. It looks like the people on the ground are closer to the stage. Please let me know if its worth it. By the way, we're both in our early 20's.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
449 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Lahaina Luau seating

Although we haven't gone yet.....we are going in May. I also did allot of research on this, and ended up making reservations for mat seating, and me and my Husband are pushing 50!!!! We don't have any problems sitting for a couple of hours, and from what I got replys on, the closer the better......let's face it......You can get uncomrtable sitting in chairs. At least on the ground you can move around a bit right? Can't wait to go!!!

Costa Mesa...
Level Contributor
425 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Lahaina Luau seating

We're going mid May too! I think I might just book the floor seating. If were paying $92 I want to be as close as possible.

Mastic Beach, New...
Level Contributor
1,986 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Lahaina Luau seating

The floor seating isn't that much closer to the stage the the first rows of table seating. It looked like sitting there for the length of the show would be pretty uncomfortable after a while. Also, they start the buffet from the back, so those sitting on the floor are the last to go.

Chicago
Level Contributor
452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Lahaina Luau seating

We did the floor seating at the OLL and it was fine. If I was doing it again for the first time, I would probably do floor seating as well, and then table thereafter. There really isn't a bad seat in the house, but floor seating is much closer. (the ground is fake grass, like what they are using for football fields now. it is spongy enough that it is pretty comfortable).

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Lahaina Luau seating

We did the mat seating when we went (we're both in our late 20's), and halfway through the show my husband got up because he was uncomfortable and moved further back. While the mat seating didn't bother me that much, the view was definitely better from the first row of tables because it was more comprehensive and you weren't staring up at specific performers. One other thing, are you sure you want to go your first night in Maui given the jet lag?

Costa Mesa...
Level Contributor
425 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old Lahaina Luau seating

We get in at 930am so I figured that would be enough time for a nap. When we took the 4 hour flight to Mexico last year I was fine. It was worse comming back for me. The day after I got back I was so tired!

San Clemente, CA
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Old Lahaina Luau seating

Britt, ask yourself if you are comfortable sitting either cross legged or with legs to the sides for two to three hours- that may help you determine what to do.

I cannot tell you what you would prefer, but will share w/you that WHEN (how early) you book will determine how close you get.

There are no bad seats. We went last year and sat at tables. Because we booked early, we were in the first row of tables behind that mat seating. It was great! Everything is tiered seating in a giant semi circle, so no views are blocked.

If you book by phone, they may be able to fax you a seating chart so you get an idea of what is available.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Old Lahaina Luau seating

We were in chairs but right behind the people on the ground. Even the young people in front of us said it was quite uncomfortable and that there was no leg room for tall people that were sitting on the ground.

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Old Lahaina Luau seating

we did table seating....I couldn't see myself sitting indian style or whatever, on the ground for a long period of time.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
72 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Old Lahaina Luau seating

i sat on the mats and it got a little uncomfortable for me towards the end (i'm in my late 20's). if i had to do it again, i'd try to go for the table seats right behind the mats. unfortunately for our party, we got mat seats on the side of the stage so it was a bit hard to get the big picture of a lot of the performances but i think the acts are performed in such a way that all seats get a good show. plus all the people at the table seats just moved their chairs to get a better view when the show started. dont' get me wrong, i still LOVED the show even from the mat point of view but if you're going for the mat seats, be prepared to figure out a way to stretch your legs once in a while. another thing, i agree with one of the posters here that there's really no leg room for tall people as far as mat seats go. the guy in front of me was about 6'2 or 6'3 and he had a hard time sitting properly at the table. but he didn't seem too bothered by it. afterall, he was in maui. and how could anything really bother you in maui =)