We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who's in Maui this Christmas/New Year's 2017/2018?!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Who's in Maui this Christmas/New Year's 2017/2018?!

I can't wait anymore.

Tell me who's going, where you're staying and what you have planned!!

5 replies to this topic
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
48,190 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who's in Maui this Christmas/New Year's 2017/2018?!

Tracy ... you might start with your own info ... who's going, where you're staying and what you have planned.

I'll be on Maui the first full week - but I doubt that it counts.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Who's in Maui this Christmas/New Year's 2017/2018?!

We are staying in Wailea, we have dinners planned for Ferraro's, Gannon's, Monkeypod x2, Nick's,...we have two afternoon snorkels with Alii Nui and tix to the tournament of champions! Making a plan to do Haleakala (4th time haven't done it yet)....excited to see Santa on the beach 😊

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
14,454 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who's in Maui this Christmas/New Year's 2017/2018?!

Hi Tracy! We are in Kapalua for the holidays for just over 2 weeks. We have nothing planned :). A lot of restaurants don't take reservations yet for Christmas Day including the one I am going to... so that is not made and the rest I will make on island while there... I don't like to plan ahead and even in busy Christmas time I find I can do my reservations last minute. I will make a few whale watch reservations. Haven't yet either and won't until it is closer. Whale watching and snorkeling is our basic plan :)

Iowa
Level Contributor
14,001 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who's in Maui this Christmas/New Year's 2017/2018?!

Hi Tracy!

It sounds like you and your family will have fantastic time!

We'll be arriving two days after Christmas and staying 17 days. We're planning on lots of good food, whale watching and snorkeling, just like TB4. And, I super excited because we'll get to do some of that together before her family heads home. And I know our dear friend SW will join us too! We will be celebrating our 35th anniversary. And our son & his new bride will also be joining us for part of the trip. They'll be coming from their home in China & this will be their honeymoon. So this is a pretty special trip for us!

It's all about sharing the place we love with the people we love.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who's in Maui this Christmas/New Year's 2017/2018?!

21 Dec - 6 Jan for us. Only thing we have planned right now is Christmas dinner with the family at Duke's and then a whale watching excursion with Capt Steve. Bringing our adult sons and wife/girlfriend (29 and 23). Staying at Honua Kai. Rented a pool cabana there Christmas day and New Years Day.

Not sure we will plan much in advance. Thinking of maybe catching the golf tournament one day. Maybe do RTH with Temptation one day.

Edited: 25 September 2017, 19:38
Reply to: Who's in Maui this Christmas/New Year's 2017/2018?!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted