We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach towels

Maryland
Level Contributor
440 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
beach towels

This is one question I haven't seen posted yet. Do the hotels generally let you take the beach towels off premises? I want to go and explore many of the beaches people have written about, but hate the idea of lugging towels from N.Y. Or is it better to buy them when I get to Maui?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: beach towels

Discover, the moral to this story is that if you borrow something and you lose it , then it is your responsibility to pay for it. I think the same principle applies everywhere. Seems reasonable to me and I don't know why you seem to be surprised that you had to pay for the towel.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: beach towels

"Bud" ... a better moral to the story is beware of people who steal your beach towel and books from you when you go into the resort pool!

Maybe I should have taken it into the pool with me ...right!

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: beach towels

One more item......the people who gave out the towels at the resort told me to go steal someone elses towel and turn it in.......sorry I am not a thief.... I duly paid for the towel!

"Bud"..... did you take it ! or just some other "weiser guy"! LOL

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: beach towels

funny thing...every resort hotel i've ever stayed at has this posted as their policy...you sign out the towels when you arrive & if they're not returned, you get charged.

however....it's been rare that when we LEFT the beach or pool, anyone was there to check them in again! ...we usually just toss them in the bin & never has a question been raised!

Ct
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: beach towels

We also purchased towels at the ABC store. $9.99 for decent beach towels. $2.99 for a grass beach mat that folds to the size of a text book.

16. Re: beach towels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 03:17