We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

L&L, Da Kitchen, and Aloha Mixed Plate

Lake Tahoe
Level Contributor
301 posts
1 review
Save Topic
L&L, Da Kitchen, and Aloha Mixed Plate

Staying near Kapalua. Which is the best and easiest to get to?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: L&L, Da Kitchen, and Aloha Mixed Plate

Aloha Mixed Plate is in Lahaina - right "behind" the Longs Drug store (Cannery Mall).

L & L as previously mentioned is in the Cannery Mall

Da Kitchen has locations in Kahului right near the airport and in Kihei. It is by far the best choice of the three.

Honokowai Deli is nearest to Kapalua, even though you didn't ask about it.

You really should have at least one meal at Da Kitchen....stop by the one near the airport!!!

Southern California
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: L&L, Da Kitchen, and Aloha Mixed Plate

All 3 are great places to eat, but I like Da Kitchen the best. You can also check the L & L website to see which of their locations is closest to you. I think there are 4 or 5 locations on Maui now.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: L&L, Da Kitchen, and Aloha Mixed Plate

Da Kitchen is fabulous...

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,294 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: L&L, Da Kitchen, and Aloha Mixed Plate

Another vote for Da Kitchen! It's Da-Licious!

Be hungry when you go ...portions are huge!!

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: L&L, Da Kitchen, and Aloha Mixed Plate

Da Kitchen is also our favorite! I think we went there 5 times in the 5 weeks we stayed in Maui!

The Kobe BBQ ribs were the best we had ever eaten! They will substitute salad for the mac salad and potatoe salad!

I had a huge bowl of the noodle soup and it was very good!

Hubby bought me the tee shirt!!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: L&L, Da Kitchen, and Aloha Mixed Plate

We'll have to try Da Kitchen when we're there in May (first visit to Maui).

L & L is entrenched in Southern California now so no reason for us to seek it out there. We live less than a mile from one.

Southern California
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: L&L, Da Kitchen, and Aloha Mixed Plate

Yes, there are tons of L & L in CA now! But as others have said, for some reason, they just don't taste quite the same as when you eat it in Hawaii!! Even though it's still one of the greatest places to eat at in Hawaii, it's too bad their prices aren't as cheap as they used to be. Quite a few items are close to the $10 range now!

8. Re: L&L, Da Kitchen, and Aloha Mixed Plate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 03:19