We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waihee ridge trail tomorrow?

Carman, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Waihee ridge trail tomorrow?

I know it's late, but do any of the locals on the forum know whether there has been a lot of rain on the ridge in the past few days and if it's supposed to rain tonight/tomorrow? We were hoping to get up early and do that hike but would rather not if it's too wet and we're just going to be fighting the mud the whole way. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

8 replies to this topic
Maui
Level Contributor
70,258 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waihee ridge trail tomorrow?

Good morning! The windward side got some rain overnight-I even got some light rain up NW. I would *guess* that the Ridge got much more. The winds were high for a while last night, too-meaning there could be some branches and such down.

I'd give it a go. You really won't know until you try it. The Central area has had very little rain overall the last few days, even up in the valleys. Just bring a plastic bag to put your hiking shoes in and a pair of slippers to change into.

Maui
Level Contributor
70,258 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waihee ridge trail tomorrow?

Lori, the clouds are clearing off the Ridge, but I'd aim for around 9 or so. Give it a chance to clear out more.

The winds are high through the Central West, Maalaea, and over Kahului People need to be careful driving today on the Pali and through the notches.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
638 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waihee ridge trail tomorrow?

Jealous..have a blast! That is one of my favorite trails. From my experience in the (tropical) mountain trails, it also helps to go earlier in the day for the lack of sun. Besides heat & sunburn worry, you'll find that many areas will be more muddy once the ground warms up - particularly in the forest/tree covered areas.

Carman, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Waihee ridge trail tomorrow?

Thankyou so much everybody! We are going to "Go for it!" I'll try and remember to post how it went.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
377 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Waihee ridge trail tomorrow?

how long would it take an avg person to complete the Waihee ridge trail?

Maui
Level Contributor
70,258 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waihee ridge trail tomorrow?

Lori, it's beautiful now, have fun!

Balla, probably 3 hours or so.

Edited: 18 January 2018, 18:44
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
377 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Waihee ridge trail tomorrow?

hmmm... its a longer trail than pipiwai trail?

Maui
Level Contributor
70,258 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waihee ridge trail tomorrow?

It's steeper, Balla.

Reply to: Waihee ridge trail tomorrow?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted