We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Maui Condo February 2019

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
West Maui Condo February 2019

Hi everyone. I'm headed back to Maui next February to hold a memorial for my mother and to spread her ashes with the whales. She and I went 7 different times during whale season and stayed at the Hyatt Regency. We always had an amazing time and we loved the location. I am looking for a 3 bedroom condo, must be OCEANFRONT along the walkway from Hyatt to Whalers as there will be 6 adults on this trip. I am currently working with someone to book a 3BR in the Marriott Villas. Has anyone stayed at this property? Is it overrun with young kids? Should I look elsewhere? Honua Kai seemed beautiful but I prefer to be closer a closer walk to things. We're all in our low to mid 50s, love good food and having fun. I don't want to be too secluded. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Mahalo!

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Honua Kai Resort & Spa
Honua Kai Resort & Spa
3,380 Reviews
Maui, HI
Mahalo Tours
Mahalo Tours
348 Reviews
Maui, HI
2 replies to this topic
Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
69,273 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West Maui Condo February 2019

The Marriott Ocean Club is a great choice, but, yes, it will be busy.

I don't think it will be packed, but if you want more quiet, look at the Kaanapali Ali'i, and Maui Kaanapali Villas.

Mentioned in this post
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
4,731 Reviews
Maui, HI
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: West Maui Condo February 2019

I'm sorry for your loss, Annapolis. A 3 BR for your gathering of 6 adults sounds perfect. We have enjoyed the Marriott in Jan. & Feb. for many years.

The 3BR villas are in the 2 new towers, Lahaina (next to the Hyatt) & Napili (next to the Ali'i). All 3 BR's are oceanfront. They have modern full kitchens, large lanais for whale-watching and in-unit washer/dryer. Both towers have their own meandering 'quieter' pools, waterfalls, hot tubs, plus oceanfront lawns with cabanas, lounges and hammocks.

The 3.5 acre superpool is located between the original towers (up to 2BR units here). This is where most families spend their days due to the waterslides, Pirate Ship cove for little ones, etc. As with all locations, a few more families arrive around Presidents' Day holiday week.

Multiple free activities are offered daily (Oceanfront yoga, movie nights, ukelele lessons, lei making, water aerobics, contests, scuba lessons, history tours, shave ice, popcorn, koi feeding, hula dancers, live poolside music, etc.) As you know, the Marriott is along the main Kaanapali beachwalk, just a short walk to the newly renovated Whaler's Village for nearby food, shopping, etc.

Wishing you a trip filled with good memories.

Edited: 23 March 2018, 10:05
Mentioned in this post
Lahaina
Lahaina
Maui, HI
Napili Beach
Napili Beach
2,425 Reviews
Maui, HI
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
4,731 Reviews