We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trilogy Snorkel Cruise

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Trilogy Snorkel Cruise

Has anyone done a snorkel cruise on Trilogy with a toddler? If so, what was your experience?

Thanks!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
6,635 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trilogy Snorkel Cruise

When we went on the snorkel cruise to Lanai there wasn't anyone under 18 on the cruise...double check in case there is an age limit but they have areas below deck you can sit at and areas away from the 'fenced' rail but what is the age of the 'toddler;?

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trilogy Snorkel Cruise

Not sure I'd take a toddler on the boat, as it could be a long day for such a wee one. We have snorkeled with Trilogy twice and loved it. We took our 13 year old the last time. Sometimes, the water is quite rough getting to your snorkel spot and I wouldn't want to worry about hanging on to my baby while trying to hang on myself. Of course, they do have a covered / below deck area to sit so that might work. I guess you know your toddler best and can decide, but for me, I'd wait till he / she was older and could enjoy it. You might try giving Trilogy a call for advice. I can highly recommend Trilogy if you do decide to go. They have great crews and make the experience really fun.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trilogy Snorkel Cruise

I called Trilogy a couple weeks ago and they assured me that they often take toddlers out on snorkel cruises and that we would all have a good time. I just wanted to hear it from someone who had actually gone with a toddler. My son is 4 years old.

Thanks!!!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
124 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trilogy Snorkel Cruise

We also called to check because we have a 6 month old and a 3 year old. They told us plenty of people even take their babies and that was fine too. We are still undecided because we don't want to be trapped if the baby is miserable but if it was just the 3 year old we would definitely go. Some companies even have boogie boards with windows. I forgot to ask trilogy if they did though.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,026 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trilogy Snorkel Cruise

They do have the boogie boards with windows. I've used them. Trilogy is great, so if they say it's o.k., I guess it is.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,048 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trilogy Snorkel Cruise

I have been on a snorkeling cruise with my granddaughter when she was three. She had a blast. She loved wearing the life jacket that all little ones have to keep on. She jumped off the side of the boat into her daddie's arms. We put her on a booggie board and a turtle surfaced right in front of her face. Squeels of delight!! She talks about it to this very day. She will be 6 in Oct. Take your little one and have fun!!

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
148 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trilogy Snorkel Cruise

Buster, have you taken your trip yet? Just curious how it worked out. We are considering a different snorkle sail with our 1 yr old. We assumed we would take turns swimming and may bring her in for a bit with a life jacket on. I know there is a big difference between 1 and 4, but I was curious if you did it and if it ended up being worth it.

Thanks!

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
209 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trilogy Snorkel Cruise

Any of the snorkel cruise providers offer an 18 or 12 and older trip?

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
124 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trilogy Snorkel Cruise

Emik, We did take our 3 year old and 7 month old on a snorkel cruise but it was only about 4 or 5 hours. We had a blast. Both kids loved the boat ride and we just took turns snorkeling. IT's definitely doable if you want to do it.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
24,058 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trilogy Snorkel Cruise

Jrdry, as many times as we've gone out with Paragon I don't think there's ever been anyone under 12, maybe under 18.