We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute packing advice?

Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute packing advice?

I am going to Maui in 2 weeks and just want to make sure i don't overlook anything. Do you have any advice regarding things you SHOULD have brought with you or things you should leave at home?? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
34 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute packing advice?

Once you’re packed, take about half the clothes out. Seriously, you can get anything you want there. Make sure you have a sweater / light jacket for the flight and sometimes for evenings. And of course your medicines/daily supplements. And I like to have a small backpack, and a few shopping bags for groceries. Which you can also get at the store as well.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,346 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute packing advice?

We also tend to over pack

We pack some swim wear on top in case our room is not ready we can change into beach wear

A small first aid kit with neosporin for any cuts, things get infected fast in the tropics

Edited: 18 May 2018, 14:27
Cranbrook, Canada
Level Contributor
420 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute packing advice?

Quick dry beach towels, a night light, flashlight, water shoes or sandals (Keen's with a thick rubbery sole are great). If you have access to laundry facilities you don't need a lot of clothing.

Dallas
Level Contributor
25,834 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute packing advice?

Quick dry beach towels ? I don't even know what those are, but there is absolutely no need to take any beach towels at all. The hotels will provide you with beach towels at their pool.

Cranbrook, Canada
Level Contributor
420 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute packing advice?

That's assuming your staying in a hotel. If staying in a condo you can purchase quick drying microfiber travel towels which pack small and dry quickly. Check out amazon.

Edited: 18 May 2018, 15:55
Canada
Level Contributor
131 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last minute packing advice?

Less clothes and 'stuff'

More money

Woodhaven, Michigan
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Last minute packing advice?

I always pack a small travel candle or two. I don't usually even light them, but they keep suitcase smelling fresh and they freshen up the air in a hotel room. I find many hotel rooms just have a smell, not bad but not pleasant either. And they work in a pinch to freshen the bathroom too when living in tight quarters on vacation.

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last minute packing advice?

Pack up what you think you'll need. Then step back, and take out half of the clothes. There's always a washateria close by or your condo will have washer/dryers

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
11,048 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Last minute packing advice?

If you have a washer and dry available.. pack some laundry pods..snd clothes that that are easy easy wash and dry.. bring less of every thing. except a small handful of different sizes zip lock baggies.

Scottsdale...
Level Contributor
2,585 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Last minute packing advice?

Pack light as others said!

Order some Ziploc bags from Amazon, the ones that you roll up to squeeze out the air - you can cram more into your bags that way

Reply to: Last minute packing advice?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted