We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days 28 and 29 - So long Maui, until next time

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
46 reviews
Days 28 and 29 - So long Maui, until next time

Day 28 was my last full day on island so I wanted to spend it just relaxing, starting with some beach time at Ulua Beach, in Wailea. I got there fairly early, around 8:30 am, so there was still plenty of parking available and the beach wasn’t very crowded.

I love this beach and wish I spent more time here. Hubby, son, and I had stayed at the Elua condos back in 2010, and I forgot just how calm and peaceful it was here, particularly in the mornings. I planted myself in my Tommy Bahama beach chair and lazed in the sun, and every so often, dipped and soaked myself in the refreshing waters.

A few hours later, I peeled myself away and headed to the condo to freshen up. I then roamed South Kihei for a while, stopping off at my favourite gelato shop a double scoop - salted caramel and lilikoi cheesecake. So delish.

Decided that some more souvenir shopping was in order so stopped off at the outdoor market in the Triangle. Grabbed a couple of gifts and then headed to the VIP nail spa for my mani-pedi appointment. The service here is excellent and the owners (Lina and her husband) very attentive. Highly recommend this place to anyone in need of some pampering.

Came back to the condo but not before stopping at Long’s for some wine. Prices here are amazing. Headed home and was planning to go out for dinner but got a message from my new friend (who lives at Kam Sands), telling me that she had something for me. A few minutes later, she was over with two huge slices of Monkey Pod’s strawberry cake (one for me, one for her). OMG, it was amazing, kind of like a cheesecake but so much airier and lighter. We ended up making it dinner, accompanied by wine. Two bottles later and it was time to call it a night. (Did I tell you, my liver needs a time out?)

Day 29

This was officially my last day in Maui, with my flight set for 4:20 pm. Had a lot to do at the condo, getting organized and packed up, but also wanted to enjoy as much as I could.

Spent the morning beach time at Kam 3 for a couple of hours, went to Three’s for lunch to enjoy my last sushi roll, then reluctantly packed up, and hit the road for the airport. That drive to the airport always seems to be a long and reflective one.

I thought about my last 29 days on island and was grateful once again for the memories made and the time shared with old friends and new. My thoughts wandered to my time at the cottage at Mama’s Fish House and I remembered that sense of peace and calm that washed over me during my north shore stay. I mused to myself over my belly dance lessons and my time Upcountry with those sweet silly little goats. I thought about all the special moments connecting with my husband, both of us just so relaxed and carefree. I thought about all the delicious meals I enjoyed and all the tasty adult beverages consumed.

I took a long, lingering last look at the west mountains towering in the distances, sun and blue skies overhead, and that feeling of marvel overwhelmed me. It does not matter how many times I come back, the joy and gratitude never escapes. Thank you again Maui for showering all of your blessings on me and thank you trip advisor friends for coming along with me for the ride. Until we meet again.

Maui Charms
Gift & Speciality Shops
Kihei Farmer's Market
Flea & Street Markets
Whalers Fine Jewellery
Gift & Speciality Shops
8 replies to this topic
Iowa
Level Contributor
14,215 posts
33 reviews
1. Re: Days 28 and 29 - So long Maui, until next time

Oh my goodness Reau, thank YOU for showering all your blessings on us through this wonderful trip report. What fun you had! And you do it all with your own special panache. We just love your Maui trip reports. Wishing you happy times at home with your husband and your sweet little doberman, until Maui time rolls around again. I won’t be the only looking forward to your next report!

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
1,001 reviews
2. Re: Days 28 and 29 - So long Maui, until next time

Safe travels

I wondered if we passed you in our travels her in Kihei

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Days 28 and 29 - So long Maui, until next time

I can't believe your holiday is over but what a wonderful 29 days you had in Maui! That's what I call a real holiday being able to cherish and take real time to stop and smell the roses and really admire and appreciate where you are.

Hope your furbaby is on the mend!

Thank you for your very informative daily TR it has really opened my eyes to the Kihei area and now I think this is where we'll be staying next time.

Til next year when I read yours and bulletbob's daily TRs.

Cheers

Maui
Level Contributor
72,089 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Days 28 and 29 - So long Maui, until next time

What a lovely last few days and thought/memories you had!

Glad you enjoyed another long stay, and give Rafa a hug from Lolo :-).

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
46 reviews
5. Re: Days 28 and 29 - So long Maui, until next time

Thanks everyone. I spent so much time on TA prior to and during my recent trip. I'm going to miss you but I am sure that I will be checking in from time to time to catch up and see who's doing what in Maui. And of course, I'll be back again.

Edited: 20 May 2018, 18:54
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
3,667 posts
129 reviews
6. Re: Days 28 and 29 - So long Maui, until next time

Just saw this...thanks so much for taking us along on your trip on Maui.....I really enjoyed your reports each day

Bet your dog will be do happy to see you...

CA
Level Contributor
140 posts
37 reviews
7. Re: Days 28 and 29 - So long Maui, until next time

Your visit sounds wonderful. I think that, if I spent a month on Maui, I would be physically incapable of leaving. I can barely get on the plane after two weeks and have thought about threatening TSA agents, so I am banned from flying and have to stay. Even a jail cell on Maui sounds good to me. I hope your dog is dong well.

Scottsdale...
Level Contributor
3,157 posts
24 reviews
8. Re: Days 28 and 29 - So long Maui, until next time

You can take it with you - Google ‘goat yoga Ottowa’

Reply to: Days 28 and 29 - So long Maui, until next time
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted