We’re booked! I’ve been hoping for one of the ”exclusive” timeshare resort offers, with Nanea as my first choice. The offer came in the mail a week ago. And we worked out a plan to stay 5 nights at Nanea following 5 nights at Kapalua Bay Villas over Thanksgiving. We got a great deal with Quam there too. I’m excited because I thought we were going to skip a year to save money. But how could we pass this up...it IS saving us money, right?
Anyway, I’d love to hear any and all information that you all have about Nanea, and about the other Westin Villas as well, since it seems the pools etc are available to us there as well. I know we will not get a good view unit & that’s OK for the price.
We’ve stayed at Honua Kai and Sheraton, plus we spend time at the beach there every trip, so don’t really need info about the area, just some things about the resort. I guess this thread could be helpful to others as well, though, so if you have good stuff about the area, go ahead and add it.
Here are things I’m interested in learning about:
1. Timeshare presentation- I understand, just say NO and keep saying NO. We can do that, because there is no way that buying into Nanea would work for us. Ever. But our offer through American Airlines does NOT require us to take the sales pitch tour. I’m sure they will offer us some sort of goodies if we take it. Anyone know what that might be? If we say no, will they up the offer? Brian says he might do it for a helicopter tour! I might say OK to the tour for a Trilogy Lanai day. I think a resort credit might be most likely, since our offer didn’t include one. Could we use that to pay for parking?
2. Pools - Where are the best places to hang out? Do we need to reserve a pool chair early if we want pool time? Any adult only pools? I read no, but maybe they’ve changed it? How about the hot tubs, do they allow kids? I’m pretty sure the north KORV has an adult pool? Is that right? Is there a difference in pool service at the different pools? We’d be most likely to order the occasional snack or drink at the pool, maybe during happy hour time? Any recommendations there?
3. Grills - We plan to cook more than usual to save a little on costs. Maybe! Any comments or tips on using the grills? Are they usually busy? Are you allowed to bring a drink with you? I know you can’t at Honua Kai. Are there any nice tables nearby where you can eat? That might be nicer than schlepping food back to our no view condo.
4. Restaurants - Are there restaurants on the property that are worth eating at? What about the other two Westin Villas Properties? We’d most likely go for breakfast or a light dinner after a long day. I’ve heard SW mention Pulehu, is that at the North Villas?
5. Beach set up - I’ve seen the stacks of lounge chairs at the beach entries. What about umbrellas? Are these complimentary? Do they have enough of both? Can you just request set up when you walk out to the beach any time? Is it possible to use the beach set up at WKORV as well as pool?
6. Activities- Any free or low cost resort activities that are worth doing? Would we need to do those at Nanea only, or would WKORV activities be available to us as well?
7. Secret hints and tips??? What do you love or really not love about Nanea? Anything I’m not thinking of that you can share?
I’m excited to try Nanea, though Kapalua Bay Villas are really more our style. I’m thrilled that we get to do both, and it will still be an affordable trip.
I hope we might have a discussion here that will help others who are thinking of Nanea too.
Thanks so much TA friends!