We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interesting south Maui resort/to check out for a few hours?

Vancouver, Canada
9 posts
Save Topic
Interesting south Maui resort/to check out for a few hours?

Hi all!

First, just want to say thanks for all the advice on this forum. Our Maui vacation has been amazing and I hope to do a trip report soon.

Tomorrow is our last day. Our flight leaves at 10:30pm and we have a reso at Mamas at 4:30. We unfortunately need to check out of our bed and breakfast at 11am and they are unable to hold our luggage (there is no front desk) We are in the Wailea area.

So we were thinking of hanging out at a high end resort for a few hours, maybe do some souvenir shopping or maybe get a massage?? That way we can park at the resort. The question is which Wailea resort is the best for this? Maybe one that's connected to some shops and a beach walk? Any one have some good reco's??

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Wailea
Wailea
Maui, HI
4 replies to this topic
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
27,817 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interesting south Maui resort/to check out for a few hours?

Grand Wailea has the spa. And all the big resorts along that strip have shops, bars, and restaurants. And they all front the beach walk with some wonderful beaches.

Andaz at one end, with the Polo Beach Club at the southern end of the beach walk. And the beaches are Mokapu Beach, Ulua Beach, Wailea Beach, and Polo Beach.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf...
7,097 Reviews
Maui, HI
Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort
Andaz Maui At Wailea...
3,111 Reviews
Maui, HI
Polo Beach Club
Polo Beach Club
230 Reviews
Maui, HI
Ulua Beach
Ulua Beach
590 Reviews
Maui, HI
Polo Beach
Polo Beach
271 Reviews
Maui, HI
Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
320 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Interesting south Maui resort/to check out for a few hours?

Can I ask you where you are staying, which condo? Usually leaving your stuff in the car in the parking lot of your condo is a safe option in wailea, but it depends on the condo. Also, if your condo has a shower that you can use (near the pool, for example), you can spend the day at the beach, then get your travel clothes in the car, shower and change, then head to airport.

However if what you really want is a spa experience, then I can't help you as I am not into spas...

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,340 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Interesting south Maui resort/to check out for a few hours?

You can browse the Grand Wailes Resort maybe have lunch

The Shops at Wailea are nearby for browing and lunch, the shops validate parking

You can do the same at the Wailea Marriot, nice out door restaurant, nice views and even walk to the shopping centet

Mentioned in this post
Wailea
Wailea
Maui, HI
Iowa
Level Contributor
13,118 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Interesting south Maui resort/to check out for a few hours?

Along the beach walk the resort hotels are Marriott, Andaz, Grand Wailea, Four Seasons, and Kea Lani. GW has the big over-the-top spa, but I believe that each hotel has a spa. You could book treatments for after some beach time, them be clean, relaxed and refreshed for your return home. I’d check with all of them and see which have a facility that you’d enjoy most for the day.

You might actually be able to book the least expensive room for your last night as cheaply as you could book spa services. Enquirer if they have a courtesy room for you to shower and change before leaving. If so you could enjoy the pools, grounds and other amenities for your last two days. Even if you can’t cancel your last night at the B&B it could be a good plan. Look on whatahotel.com for a rate that includes free breakfast, make it a brunch, and you won’t need to spend any money on hotel food either.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf...
7,097 Reviews
Maui, HI
Reply to: Interesting south Maui resort/to check out for a few hours?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted