We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 7 trip report

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
953 reviews
Save Topic
Day 7 trip report

Morning POG mimosas and coffee on the lanai followed by a walk. We found a way to walk without being on the main road and ended up at Charley Young Beach where we saw the webcam in the palm tree. This webcam provided great views during the winter when cold arctic winds blew and snow covered the ground. I captured a screenshot of the webcam with my wife and I and emailed it to my brothers.

We lounged at the condo and then headed out on the road to Hana. A light rain started about Paia and we looked for our honeymoon B&B from 1993 that no longer exists as a B&B. There was a sign about a private driveway/road so we didn't go the last 1/4 mile. We skipped most of the pullout because of the rain bur we had coffee and banana bread at Huelo Point. We went as far as Keane Point, watched some crashing waves and turned back. Observations about the road to Hana are some people drive like Mario Andretti on a road course. Relax, enjoy and respectful.

We were getting hungry and had found memories of Paia Fish Market when Paia was a small sleepy village 25 years ago. We figured if we find a parking space then it's meant to be. We found a parking space and walked down to the restaurant. I wanted opakapaka and love and behold they had it. The charbroiled opakapaka was delicous and the Maui Brewing Pilsner went well. We poked into the shops after eating but the prices seemed high and we didn6see anything we needed. My wife turned down my offer of a coconut bra.

We went to the Shops at Waileala to get Maui Cookie Lady cookies. We had some at beerfest Saturday and wanted some more. We hoped to see a sunset but there were too many clouds. We went to Maui Brewing for a beer and finally got served after waiting far longer than we should have had to wait for a place that wasn't very busy. A walk down to the beach to say goodnight to the turtles before going to bed.

Mentioned in this post
Hana
Hana
Maui, HI
Paia
Paia
Maui, HI
Paia Fish Market
Paia Fish Market
2,161 Reviews
Maui, HI
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
3 replies to this topic
Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
69,702 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 7 trip report

LOL--I swear I was NOT on the RTH yesterday, so it wasn't me speeding :-0!

Glad you went to Keanae--isn't it beautiful?Sounds like a nice "Halfway to Hana" drive. Your browse and lunch in Paia sound nice too. Too bad about MBC. They seem to be having service "issues" in Kihei lately.

Mentioned in this post
Hana
Hana
Maui, HI
Paia
Paia
Maui, HI
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 7 trip report

Yippee another daily TR thank you for posting!

How did I miss your first 6 days?! Gotta go back and read from the begging now.

"cold arctic winds blew and snow covered the ground" ... boy do you guys deserve a beautiful Maui holiday!!!!

Looking forward to the rest.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,277 posts
1,004 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 7 trip report

Fun report! We enjoyed the fresh fish at the Paia Fish Market in Kihei. :)

Mentioned in this post
Paia Fish Market
Paia Fish Market
2,161 Reviews
Maui, HI
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
Reply to: Day 7 trip report
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted