We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best management co to use to rent at Kapalua Bay Villas

California
Level Contributor
78 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best management co to use to rent at Kapalua Bay Villas

In the early stages of planning our next trip. My wife and I will be staying mid to late Sept of next year. Which company do you guys recommend using to rent at Kapalua Bay Villas?

Mentioned in this post
Kapalua
Kapalua
Maui, HI
19 replies to this topic
Scottsdale...
Level Contributor
2,596 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best management co to use to rent at Kapalua Bay Villas

Quam Properties and Outrigger have good reputations. Outrigger only rents by room category, whereas Quam rents specific units. You would have a good experience with them, especially if you pick a 'Gold' unit.

The best idea is to rent an individual unit to ensure best view, location and features. Look at Quam and on VRBO, then post links here to the ones you like and you will get good advice. Don't book with VRBO, you can often google a specific unit to find a direct way to book and avoid VRBO fees.

California
Level Contributor
78 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best management co to use to rent at Kapalua Bay Villas

Thank you. I definitely wanted to avoid using VRBO.

California
Level Contributor
78 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best management co to use to rent at Kapalua Bay Villas

I’m really liking this unit. Any thoughts?

quamproperties.com/maui-vacation-rentals/vac…

Scottsdale...
Level Contributor
2,596 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best management co to use to rent at Kapalua Bay Villas

That location (post #3) is fabulous, just a short walk down to Oneloa Bay, which is beautiful and peaceful. Is that carpet in the bedroom? Some don't like carpet in an ocean front rental. otherwise, if the price is good for you, go for it - remember the impact on price of fees,taxes etc.

You could pay less at KBV for a unit a little further back, maybe wait for a few other responses.

I agree with avoiding VRBO for booking, they are good for research

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best management co to use to rent at Kapalua Bay Villas

hello! I always use Quam and have been in most of the units. The unit you posted is great. It is right above Oneloa beach. It is townhome style so bedroom is upstairs with great views as well as down below. It did have a few more ants on the downstairs lanai and inside door. They do spray a lot but because you are right there at the cliff and the sand there is a little more. Did not affect or bug us at all though. The unit was very clean though like all their units. As you can see that unit books way out because it is so great.

Mentioned in this post
Oneloa Beach
Oneloa Beach
89 Reviews
Maui, HI
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best management co to use to rent at Kapalua Bay Villas

** small correction- Outrigger does have some units you can book directly with now to get the unit of your choice. Not all are available like that. I find the Outrigger are more expensive though and you have a resort fee when going through them

California
Level Contributor
78 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best management co to use to rent at Kapalua Bay Villas

Travelbugged4- Is this unit really a 3-5 min walk to Kapalua Bay?

Mentioned in this post
Kapalua
Kapalua
Maui, HI
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best management co to use to rent at Kapalua Bay Villas

I would say closer to 10 walking from this unit. It is 3-5 from the edge of the Villas. You literally are on top of Oneloa Bay and in September you should be able to snorkel there too. Not as massive as Kapalua Bay but some cool underwater features, fish and lots of turtles. When we stayed there we walked the grass in front of the units to the end of the Villas. Then cut up to sidewalk along front of Montage. Easy walk but a little longer.

Mentioned in this post
Kapalua
Kapalua
Maui, HI
California
Level Contributor
7,368 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best management co to use to rent at Kapalua Bay Villas

Nothing wrong with Quam but do yourself a favor and also compare to Costco Travel which has the same exact type unit (Gold) with ocean front for $2,437. for a week in September plus it includes a rental car. There are no bad Gold units especially in the Bay units. You simply don't get to pick exactly which unit you want like you do with a property management company. In this case your talking a $1,000 difference in price when you throw in the car.

I've stayed at Kapalua a dozen times and have never had a bad "Gold" unit or poor location. The requirement's for owners to stay in these rental pool's is simply to high to have a random bad unit.

Mentioned in this post
Kapalua
Kapalua
Maui, HI
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best management co to use to rent at Kapalua Bay Villas

Don't forget with Costco to add in the daily resort fee as well... to compare prices.

Reply to: Best management co to use to rent at Kapalua Bay Villas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted