We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 9 - departure day with a twist

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
1,002 reviews
Day 9 - departure day with a twist

No POG mimosas today :(

Ate left over huli huli chicken for breakfast after a walk for some exercise. We tidied up the condo and fondly said farewell. I hate the last day when we have a late flight. We've done this on other trips and inevitably the qu6of what to do and where to go come up. Yes we could keep a condo for 1 more day even though we aren't staying the night but my budget minded parents would roll over in their graves.

We booked a cooking class with Chez Klio and it was a fantastic day. We made 4 kinds of poke, kalua pork, Kim chee, green papaya salad and had a very enjoyable day. We brought a bottle of wine along that we had with the food we prepared and had good conversation and learned how to make the delightful things we enjoyed at home.

We drove to Maui Wine because we enjoyed the view from upcountry and stopped at a few overlooks to observe. The white cattle egrets landing on the grazing cows was pleasant to see. The Courtyard by Mariott bathroom provided a place to freshen up and change clothes and Costco gas pumps had a short line. We're at OGG waiting for our flight which unfortunately is delayed an hour. All in all a fantastic trip. I'll share an epilogue in a day or 2

May the spirit of Aloha shine on everyone

7 replies to this topic
San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
956 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Day 9 - departure day with a twist

Costco gas station is heaven!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Day 9 - departure day with a twist

Oh boo going home already? I was hoping for another 29 day trip report :-)

Thank you for your TR have thoroughly enjoyed reading them!

Cheers

Maui
Level Contributor
72,175 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Day 9 - departure day with a twist

Awwww, so sorry to see you leave!

Next trip maybe you should stay Upcountry some?

Safe travels and landings..............until next time!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
46 reviews
4. Re: Day 9 - departure day with a twist

Sounds like you had a lovely trip and what a great idea - cooking lessons. Something that I may put on my list of things to do next year. Safe travels.

Level Contributor
39,346 posts
1,019 reviews
5. Re: Day 9 - departure day with a twist

The cooking class sounds very fun... thanks for sharing about your time on Maui here! :)

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
1,002 reviews
6. Re: Day 9 - departure day with a twist

Our kim chee survived the trip in my suitcase! I recommend the class if you like food and cooking

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Revie…

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
1,002 reviews
7. Re: Day 9 - departure day with a twist

stupid spellcheck again! kimchi!

Reply to: Day 9 - departure day with a twist
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted