We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It's a beautiful morning!

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
It's a beautiful morning!

We made it! Got in yesterday afternoon, and everything is just beautiful! We are staying in a condo at Ekahi for two weeks. After getting feedback on a different choice in this complex, we looked for a second floor unit that was more affordable. So glad to have the second floor! It's a beautiful condo. Thanks to all who responded!

We are have reservations to the luau at the Marriott this week. The only other time we were on Maui, about 15 years ago, I thought I was too "cool" to go to a luau, now I really want to experience it. So I am looking forward to it!

Since we are not snorkelers, we got tickets for the Maui Ocean Center from Costco's website.

We have started following Maui Classic Cruisers on Facebook and we are going to check out a cruise in they have planned at Peggy Sue's Diner in Kihei. We have a classic car at home and do a lot of these types of events. Thanks SW, for suggesting it years ago when I asked about the dragstrip. Dragstrip is closed right now, and I didn't want to go anyway so...

We are going to take each day as it comes, and enjoy this 40 the anniversary trip! We have a gift card for Monkeypod from a friend that my husband helped by taking care of his snow this winter. Also a gift card for Outback from another friend, for another favor. So we will use that one in Kihei. We had some groceries delivered before we got here. I am glad we did! So tired last night, we had a rotisserie chicken, and some sourdough bread and cheese, made some sandwiches and just hung out at the beach.

Anyway, thanks to all the advice on TripAdvisor in the past year or so. I think I read every post!

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Maui Ocean Center
Maui Ocean Center
4,240 Reviews
Maui, HI
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
10 replies to this topic
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: It's a beautiful morning!

What a great post! Thanks for sharing, I am sure you will have an amazing time on Maui!!

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
162 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: It's a beautiful morning!

hello, can you share what grocery delivery you used? we will be getting there pretty late and it will be good to have that taken care of. We will be staying in Kihei.

Mentioned in this post
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
69,528 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: It's a beautiful morning!

Welcome! It is a gorgeous morning, isn't it?

Have a wonderful time and happy anniversary.

Level Contributor
38,257 posts
1,002 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: It's a beautiful morning!

Sounds like a great start! Enjoy your time on Maui! :)

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: It's a beautiful morning!

Gosox...the grocery service is mauigroceryservice.com. The company we rented the condo from gave us a discount on the fee. It's $35, we got it for $20, and they bring it ahead of time and put everything away. We got water, pop, breakfast foods and at the last minute I added the chicken. Going to hang out at the beach and pool today to get used to the time change!

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: It's a beautiful morning!

Gosox...the grocery service is mauigroceryservice.com. The company we rented the condo from gave us a discount on the fee. It's $35, we got it for $20, and they bring it ahead of time and put everything away. We got water, pop, breakfast foods and at the last minute I added the chicken. Going to hang out at the beach and pool today to get used to the time change!

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: It's a beautiful morning!

Hello! We are going to Maui next month for the first time. I am wondering if you are experiencing any effects from the volcano eruptions? Do you see any smoke? Is the air clear?

Thank you so much-Have a fabulous anniversary trip!!

Rena

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
51,242 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: It's a beautiful morning!

Aloha and welcome to Maui, astrongmom. Sounds absolutely wonderful!!

Rena, you won't see smoke and no vog on Maui at this time.

Edited: 23 May 2018, 21:00
Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
162 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: It's a beautiful morning!

Thank you astrongmom! Have a fabulous time...I can't wait, still 2 months to go!

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: It's a beautiful morning!

Rena, no problems at all! I have asthma, and I was a little concerned about air quality from stuff I saw on the news. I am not having any trouble at all.

Reply to: It's a beautiful morning!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted