We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel back - update

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
953 reviews
Save Topic
Travel back - update

Alaska flight from OGG was delayed

Alaska was going to have us wait in Seattle for over 16 hours putting us on back to back redeye flights. Staff at OGG wasn't any help but we got rebooked to Delta while reroute to Seattle

Guess we should have stayed another day

Mentioned in this post
Molokini and Turtle Arches Snorkeling...
139 Reviews
US$111 per adult
Free Cancellation
Molokini Sail and Snorkel Adventure
150 Reviews
US$118 per adult
Free Cancellation
Molokini and Turtle Town Snorkeling...
74 Reviews
US$80 per adult
Free Cancellation
4 replies to this topic
Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
69,273 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel back - update

UGH! That's crazy of Alaska. Did they give you a reason for the delay and then the lack of help? Did you have to pay the Delta fare, or did they cover it?

Edited: 23 May 2018, 18:31
Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
953 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel back - update

Flight from Seattle to OGG was delayed. Then the ground transportation for the flight crew didn't show up at their hotel. What aggravated me was the person seated behind me was handed paper boarding passes for the Delta flight Alaska rebooked them onto. They rebooked us, gave us us food vouchers and made things right but this could have been done at OGG and eliminated the concern. There are at least 3 other families on our OGG to Seattle flight travelling to Detroit which is odd in the sense that Delta dominates Detroit and has a similar flight schedule

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
69,273 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel back - update

Sounds like they looked at your smiling face and figured maybe you wouldn't complain! Glad it worked out but it sure could have been handled better.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
953 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel back - update

What was supposed to be 10 days almost turned into 11 days. We pulled into our driveway 10 minutes before Midnight. Our baggage went from Seattle to Detroit on an earlier flight and wasn't at the baggage carousel. Both my wife and I had missed cell phone calls from Canada and which was odd. I got a call from an 800 # and on a hunch picked it up even though I usually don't answer unfamiliar calls. Someone picked up my wife's luggage without verifying it was theirs, drove home 2 hours into Canada and found out they had the wrong suitcase. A stranger now has my wife's suitcase in a foreign country!. Delta told us do not make any arrangements with these people and to allow them to handle it. Delta has done a wonderful job on this and just called and said they will deliver it later this afternoon. It was weird going for a morning walk seeing red winged black bird and robins instead of myna birds and doves.

Reply to: Travel back - update
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted