We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Before I freak out on Delta...let me ask

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
288 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Before I freak out on Delta...let me ask

I purchased first class seats from Fort Lauderdale to Hawaii nearly 8 months ago for my future husband and I to go get married in Hawaii, chose specifically the very best seats in first class- away from the galley and bathrooms- and just logged into my delta app to double check flight times and noticed they have moved me to right next to the bathroom and galley. Literally the bathroom door opens up to my seat...not even in front of my seat. After shelling out $4,000 for this one way trip, I’m quite disappointed they’ve done this, as I honestly would have chosen a different airline that had a better route, but we chose Delta so we could get some sleep on the way there. Now- the 12 hour flight from Atlanta to HNL portion we’ll likely not be able to sleep due to constant restroom and galley traffic and noise.

Before I call delta and go bride-Zilla on them, has anyone dealt with this? I know I should play the nice card, but we leave this Saturday morning and honestly I just want the seats I booked and paid for! We will never fly first class again. This was supposed to be a special trip and treat for us, and these new seat assignments are certainly not worth $4,000.

Advice?

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Molokini and Turtle Arches Snorkeling...
141 Reviews
from US$110.55*
Free Cancellation
Molokini Sail and Snorkel Adventure
150 Reviews
from US$117.52*
Free Cancellation
Molokini and Turtle Town Snorkeling...
77 Reviews
from US$79.95*
Free Cancellation
53 replies to this topic
Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
288 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Before I freak out on Delta...let me ask

And yes, I know the contract of carriage says they can move your seat anytime, but still!! First class and $4,000 one way flight?! THAT’S the person you’re going to move?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
47,320 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Before I freak out on Delta...let me ask

Call them. They won't know had bad they screwed up unless you tell them.

If you don't get the answer you want ... call again and talk to someone else. Delta exudes this Southern gracious affection - so ask them to live up to it.

There are other approaches - but you don't have time for them.

How many people are in FC?

Edited: 31 May 2018, 04:51
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
47,320 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Before I freak out on Delta...let me ask

Oops ... should say "affectation."

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Before I freak out on Delta...let me ask

What plane are you on?

Canada
Level Contributor
9,497 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Before I freak out on Delta...let me ask

Did the equipment change?

We have flown FC on DL numerous times, and most seating is wonderful.

What is the equipment on this route? Are there any empty seats that you can switch to online that you perceive as better? You can handle the seat change all from the DL site if seats are available.

If the equipment changed and everyone was reshuffled, and the cabin is full...there won't be much a CSR can do . , but don't despair.

We like to sit in the first row of FC(No one in front to recline...if not pods) the bathroom is reserved for FC passengers, and DL is pretty good at enforcing this. I suspect you won't be bothered at all by folks using the facilities. Usually the restroom is well,ahead of the passenger cabin so folks waiting can just nip in to the area across the galley. Also FC passengers will,often just remain in their seat until they see the WC is vacant....not like in economy forming a queue.

Funny thing about flying FC....it kind of grows on you. Swearing off it may be a tad,premature IMO.

Have a great trip. The journey begins once boarded(or even in the lounge beforehand!)

6. Re: Before I freak out on Delta...let me ask

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2018, 19:32
Edited: 08 June 2018, 19:32

7. Re: Before I freak out on Delta...let me ask

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2018, 19:32

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
288 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Before I freak out on Delta...let me ask

Haha- only swearing off first class because of the cost! Would looove if we could afford it always!

It’s the 777, 12 or 13 rows of delta one. All first class is sold out. We were in 5, now in 10.

I’ll try to ring them in the morning and kill them with my southern kindness :) thanks for the advice!

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
288 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Before I freak out on Delta...let me ask

And no equipment change...

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
47,320 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Before I freak out on Delta...let me ask

I agree with Shea and Wanderlust ... one of the perqs of FC is that you have a dedicated bathroom. I have flown FC on Delta 8 times this year ... and, well, there is a light that indicates when someone is in the bathroom ... and all the FC seats can see it. So there is no reason for people to cue up ... and there aren't many people in FC anyway.

Still - make your case. Remember - others will be sleeping as well ...

Reply to: Before I freak out on Delta...let me ask
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted