We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best spa experience for massages?

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
33 reviews
Best spa experience for massages?

Montage or Ritz Carlton?

8 replies to this topic
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
15,089 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: Best spa experience for massages?

My favorite is the Montage.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
5,206 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Best spa experience for massages?

Montage has fully open air treatment rooms, which are awesome. They're set up in a way that you have complete privacy, but can feel the breeze and (if you were to look) see the ocean. As far as the quality of the massage, we've had great experiences at both. Also, both facilities let you spend the whole day there, if you want. Both have steam rooms, hottubs, and saunas. Montage has a private pool deck with small infinity pool, hottub, and spa drinks/lunch service. Ritz also has a private pool deck for the spa, but you also get access to the Ritz pool area (the resort itself), so it's like a day-pass. We spent a whole day there, having drinks and lunch out at the main pool (pro tip...Molokai Mule served in a pineapple!). It was an expensive, but great, relaxing day.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,099 posts
3. Re: Best spa experience for massages?

Montage

Scottsdale...
Level Contributor
3,176 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Best spa experience for massages?

Both - go for it

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
33 reviews
5. Re: Best spa experience for massages?

Wow - sounds awesome! I think if I book a massage day and a couple of whale trips and a couple of restaurants, my pre-planning is complete!

San Francisco...
8 posts
6. Re: Best spa experience for massages?

Any west maui massage budget friendly suggestions (under $175)? Thanks you.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
33 reviews
7. Re: Best spa experience for massages?

The massages at the Westin are in the $150 neighborhood before gratuity. My daughter went there (2016) and said the spa was "just ok". I don't remember exactly why it wasn't "awesome" to her.

Maui
Level Contributor
72,203 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: Best spa experience for massages?

Check Zensations, in Honokowai. Not oceanfront but a solid place for many years.

Reply to: Best spa experience for massages?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted