We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkel Question- Molokini

Kentucky
Level Contributor
8 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkel Question- Molokini

We are staying in Lahaina and have a snorkel set up with Aqua Adventures to Molokini for their early morning cruise. I've read on the forums traffic can be very congested in Lahaina BUT it is typically that congested early in the morning? Our snorkel time says to show @ 6:45 am. It's in Wailuku.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Mentioned in this post
Lahaina
Lahaina
Maui, HI
Aqua Adventures
Aqua Adventures
569 Reviews
Maui, HI
Wailuku
Wailuku
Maui, HI
6 replies to this topic
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
27,806 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkel Question- Molokini

Welcome to the forums!

Maybe the office is in Wailuku, but I don't think you will be heading there to start your tour! No way!

https://www.mauisnorkelsnuba.com/

Ah! You leave from Maalaea, and the mailing addressing is Wailuku! So you should be okay.

But, are you really in Lahaina, because most of west Maui uses Lahaina as their mailing address! Confusing, I know!

Depending if you are right in Lahaina, or up in Honokowai area, you should take about a half hour to get there, give or take.

Mentioned in this post
Wailuku
Wailuku
Maui, HI
Maalaea
Maalaea
57 Reviews
Maui, HI
Lahaina
Lahaina
Maui, HI
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kentucky
Level Contributor
8 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkel Question- Molokini

Thanks! I've been reading these forums for weeks trying to get my footing for our upcoming trip :). We are actually staying at Lahaina Shores Beach Resort. I can handle 1/2 hr give or take :). Thank you for your advice!!!

Mentioned in this post
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort
Lahaina Shores Beach...
1,341 Reviews
Maui, HI
Scottsdale...
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkel Question- Molokini

Cancel and book one of the many options leaving from Lahaina or Kaanapali. No long drive and you will have better options than Molokini, where fish numbers are way down.

If you cannot cancel, don't worry, you will enjoy the ride and at that time Molokini should not be too crowded and your drive to Maalaea will be fine.

Mentioned in this post
Lahaina
Lahaina
Maui, HI
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
4,728 Reviews
Maui, HI
Maalaea
Maalaea
57 Reviews
Maui, HI
Iowa
Level Contributor
13,018 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkel Question- Molokini

From Lahaina Shores you can walk to Lahaiana Harbor. That’s one o father best things about staying there! Take Trilogy Discover Lanai if you can swing the price. It’s worth more than two of any other tour!

Mentioned in this post
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort
Lahaina Shores Beach...
1,341 Reviews
Maui, HI
Lanai
Lanai
Hawaii
Kentucky
Level Contributor
8 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkel Question- Molokini

Thank you! I don't believe we can cancel without a 10% penalty. We went through adventuremaui so we will more than likely just keep it.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
69,263 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkel Question- Molokini

It will be plenty busy by the time you get there.

If the swell is still up, you'll have a rough ride back, IF they go to Molokini to start with.

Allow 40 minutes, just because you don't know the roads.

Reply to: Snorkel Question- Molokini
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted