We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Rental

Garland, Texas
Level Contributor
76 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Budget Rental

Several months ago I booked a Jeep from Budget for $399 plus tax (7 day rental)

The total came out to around $540. I was not a fast break member at the time of booking. When I started researching the forum I heard about it and signed up last week. I called them to add my fast break status to my current reservation and they said it would make my quoted price go up to over 800 bucks. I said Nevermind. I figured I would just have to wait in line like I’ve heard about. What a nightmare...

Fast forward to yesterday. After reading some of these forums I heard that if you look again the prices could change. So I looked and the new price was only 347 with tax! I quickly canceled my old reservation and made a new one !

It really pays to keep looking. I’m so thankful for you guys in this forum!

Quick question though...since I am now a fast break member will I be able to do the fast break at that time? It doesn’t say anything on my reservation about it. Just curious. Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
11,079 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Rental

When you booked was there a place to add your Fast Break number? Give them a call and since this is a recent booking maybe they can add it and you will have the same great price.

Iowa
Level Contributor
13,204 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Rental

You do need to get your Fastbreak information added to your reservation. Try going to Budget website and looking up your reservation by confirmation number, then adding the Fastbreak number. If that doesn’t work, try going into your Fastbreak account and adding your reservation number.

If those two fail - try calling the the OGG Budget office and ask them to add your FB number to your reservation. Don’t bother calling the generic Budget customer service number. You want someone in the Maui office. In fact, you might just do that first. It worked for me in the past. (808) 871-8811

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Garland, Texas
Level Contributor
76 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Rental

Update: I called them and asked if my fast break was included with my reservation and they said it was already attached. So wish me luck! We arrive on the 16th!

Reply to: Budget Rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted