We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo recommendation in Mauia

Sydney, Australia
10 posts
Condo recommendation in Mauia

Hi All,

We are a family of 4 ( 2 adults and 2 kids ( 4 and 7 years old) looking to visit Maui from 11 to 16 October and require 1 bedroom budget condo ( doesn't have to be fancy) but with air-con and preferably parking ( free or paid) as well as some sort of complex facilities ( pool will be great), walking distance to some beach ( doesn't have to be the best as we will be happy to drive to some better ones).So far we have been looking at Honokawi/Kaanapali West Maui, but open to other suggestions. We would like to spend a few relaxing days on the beach but also hoping to have a car every day and explore Hana and a few other areas of the island.

Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Maui
Level Contributor
72,132 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Condo recommendation in Mauia

I posted in your other thread. As I mentioned there, you aren't really looking at Kaanapali, except the Eldorado. All the others you mentioned are in Honokowai or Kahana-and have very little to no beach. The beach could come back, or not.

Can you explain what you meant about the Eldorado? It has the beach you want. You never told us your nightly budget, either.............but if it's high enough look at Maui Kaanapali Villas and the Whaler.

Edited: 04 June 2018, 01:54
ON, Canada
Level Contributor
14,768 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: Condo recommendation in Mauia

Suggest also looking in Kihei (S. Maui) - Maui Kamaole might be a good choice for what you've mentioned. You can find units on this site https://mauiownercondos.com/ and also on VRBO.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
471 posts
3. Re: Condo recommendation in Mauia

I would also look at Maalaea Surf Resort. It is in North Kihei, and is directly beachfront on Sugar Beach. It is also across the street from Shave Ice, Sugar Beach Bakery, an ABC Store, and Farmer's Market Maui.

Low-rise, low-key resort, perfect with kids. Has central air just in case it is needed.

http://maalaeasurfresort.com/

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
11,539 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Condo recommendation in Mauia

Kamaole Sands across from the beaches in Kihei or Hale Kamaole might have what you need.

I love Maui Kamaole depends on what your budget price is.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
23,028 posts
5. Re: Condo recommendation in Mauia

Nightly lodging budget needed, in US$.

Think twice about Road to Hana. Many children are bored with so much time in a car. Some children -- and some adults -- get carsick from the low-speed twists and turns. You might give it a try, then be prepared to turn around. Do you want to devote time to this? You only have five nights on Maui.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
670 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Condo recommendation in Mauia

Send you a PM for Wailea area. Easy driving access from here to most places. During our last winter stay we did not run into any significant traffic delays as sometimes happens on west side. About a half hour drive from Kahului/airport. Some great not highly populated beaches this area.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
14,768 posts
45 reviews
7. Re: Condo recommendation in Mauia

ynayton - don't hesitate to post links here for feedback for specific units that you are considering.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
974 posts
8. Re: Condo recommendation in Mauia

The condos across from the Kam beaches in South Kihei may work for you. It sounds like you want to be able to WALK with your two young children to the beach. I would feel the same way when our children were younger. Yes, you can always put all the paraphernalia in the car and head to the beaches and you will probably do that sometimes. However, I would have loved to be close enough to a nice beach that we could truly walk for quick trips, both there and back. Therefore, I recommend you look carefully at the distance and elevation change of any potential walk. The budget condos across from Kam 2 will probably work best for that if oceanfront is out of your budget. I'm not as familiar with the Kam 3 properties but Hale Kamaole and Kamaole Sands probably have some options which would be truly walkable to the beach.

Edited: 04 June 2018, 21:13
Reply to: Condo recommendation in Mauia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted