We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which place to go for Luau?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
which place to go for Luau?

hi,

any suggestions? we are going to maui for our honeymoon and would love to go to a Luau. :) should i book tickets in advance?

please give me some ideas and links.

thank you so much. :)

Ukiah, Calif
Level Contributor
688 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which place to go for Luau?

hi piggyfefe,

I would suppose it would make a difference where you are staying and what you want from a luau. My groom and I went to the Sheraton at Black Rock Luau, mainly because we didn't want to drink and drive, and we were staying at the KBH next door so we walked. We liked it so much we went again on our second trip. The food is good, the entertainment very good and they have the all coveted fire dancer. Not to mention some pretty darn good mai tais!!! It was very well organized and at a very beautiful location practically on the beach and there was a torch lighting ceremony and cliff diver. A little touristy? Well yeah...but that's what we were...tourists!!! We would go again when we return to Maui.

Others like the Old Lahaina Luau (pretty pricey) and the Feast at Lele. Do a search for luaus and you can read other peoples opinions. Oh, and best wishes for your upcoming wedding!!

>^..^<

syd

California
Level Contributor
372 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which place to go for Luau?

I like The Feast at LeLe. It is more intimate, you sit at private tables, food served rather than buffet style. Do check the menu to see if it is to your liking. If it is book EARLY for best seating! Congrats!

Unknown
Level Contributor
510 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which place to go for Luau?

I did not like the OLL.. food & show was average at best. I heard the Hyatt a pretty good show. Have fun & expect NOTHING!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which place to go for Luau?

hi,

thank you so much. i never thought about typing in Luau and reading all the reviews. :)

thanks again :)

bq
Albany, Georgia
Level Contributor
590 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which place to go for Luau?

We were at the Feast at Lele a couple weeks ago and there was a wedding party there of 12 or so. The staff was very attentive to them and they all were having a really good time. You have time in between the dances to take pictures and socialize. We had a great time as we had front row seats. But book early !

Have fun !

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which place to go for Luau?

do you know how long it is? i went to their site, but it doesn't tell me about timing?

thanks

bq
Albany, Georgia
Level Contributor
590 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which place to go for Luau?

We were at the Feast at Lele from about 6:30 to 9:00/9:30.

They start letting you check in at 6:00. They have photographers there to take your pictures (we bought ours 4 for $50). I noticed the wedding party there had there own photographer. He acted like he knew them all well, or either he was a real people person.

I wonder if they give a wedding party a special rate. You could call and inquire because for the 2 of us the total was $218 not including the tip.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,502 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: which place to go for Luau?

Drums of the Pacific at the Hyatt has the best fire knife dancer on Maui.

Many like Old Lahaina Luau. But others, including myself, don't think much of it mainly because of no fire knife dancer in their show.

If you want to go to any particular luau, then you need to book in advance.

If any luau will do, then there will be some available when you get there.

Royal Lahaina Luau is perhaps the best value for a family with kids, but one to stay away from if you don't take kids.

www.hawaiiactivityworld.com/maui/luaus/

Ka'anapali Beach...
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: which place to go for Luau?

Old Lahaina Luau

Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: which place to go for Luau?

My husband and I went to Maui on our honeymoon and went to the Old Lahaina Luau. We LOVED it!!! The food may have been average, but the never ending drinks were alot of fun:) More importantly the show was WONDERFUL! We were invited out with other couples to dance a couple's dance which was fun, and I loved the leigh greeting. We also got to take fun pictures with the dancers after the show. Not a complaint here, and I would recommend it to everyone.