We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Humane Society Beach Buddies

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
695 posts
107 reviews
Humane Society Beach Buddies

Last Friday we "adapted " Hawaiian for the day. He was a senior pup and a real sweetheart. Took him to big beach where he made lots of friends, frolicked in the water and got tons of treats. We even stopped at the Humane Society on our way to the airport Sunday to check on him.What a great program. One of the highlights of our trip. And it made seeing our pup when we got home even better!

17 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
359 posts
657 reviews
1. Re: Humane Society Beach Buddies

What a great thing you guys did!!! Congratulations.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
294 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Humane Society Beach Buddies

A win win day ! You get your pet fix & the pup gets a day out & about. This is a great program & you have to book early, months in advance & even then you might have to go on a cancelled list.........ogo

Long Beach...
2 posts
1 review
3. Re: Humane Society Beach Buddies

I have reservations for this Friday! I tried to sign up last year but was too late to snag a spot.

Which beach did you take your pup to?

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
3,538 posts
127 reviews
4. Re: Humane Society Beach Buddies

We did this in August and agree it was one of the highlights of our trip.

Max dream what was the name of your pup? I may have met him when we were there...such a great program.

Our dog Forest ...a real sweetie was put on the Wings of Aloha program a few days after we were him....loved that dog

Iowa
Level Contributor
14,157 posts
33 reviews
5. Re: Humane Society Beach Buddies

Aww...wonderful! I’m so wishing we had reserved a day with a pup earlier. I wonder if the wait list would be worthwhile?

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
3,538 posts
127 reviews
6. Re: Humane Society Beach Buddies

Yes Teri, do try...it is an amazing day.....we still talk about it.....

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
3,538 posts
127 reviews
7. Re: Humane Society Beach Buddies

Whitmegan,

They will give you a list of places to take the dog, we walked along Big Beach....as we hadnt been there ....we didn't swim...too dangerous...but beautiful

We also spent time at Malu'aka Beach....Teri told me about it a few years ago....one of our favourite spots if we go south for the day.

Our dog Forest loved the water....so we spent a lot of time there

We also took home for a hamburger....he loved that too...

You can take some donations too if you want to give at the end....we took some dog treats, poo bags and toys.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
695 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: Humane Society Beach Buddies

Our dog was named Hawaiian.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: Humane Society Beach Buddies

I am on the wait list for 2 days in Oct. I really hope we get that call one morning.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
3,538 posts
127 reviews
10. Re: Humane Society Beach Buddies

Max dreams,

I asked because we met Hawaiian, he was one of our choices....when we were asked to select three

What a sweetie he was, we saw him come out.

Glad you enjoyed the day.

Reply to: Humane Society Beach Buddies
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted