We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone us Economy Booking to rent a car?

Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
30 reviews
Anyone us Economy Booking to rent a car?

Looking for the goods and the bads. A lot cheaper

10 replies to this topic
S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
11,339 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Anyone us Economy Booking to rent a car?

Did you mean "use"..Economy Booking??

Not familiar with them many of us use https://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com, Costco Travel, Autoslash..

Be Sure when you compare prices that ALL fees and taxes are included on the bottom line.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
14,674 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: Anyone us Economy Booking to rent a car?

Good advice from barefootn. I haven't heard of them either. Do they let you know which rental agency the booking will be with before you confirm the booking? If so, let us know and we can provide some feedback on that.

p.s. is it this company? https:/…economybookings.com

Edited: 25 September 2018, 04:44
Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Anyone us Economy Booking to rent a car?

Thanks barefootnAR and Susan M for answering. YES; poor typing ....USE economy booking.

Yes; they tell you which company you get; can cancel etc; read their terms and all seem good plus quite a bit lower in price than the ones barefoot suggested and yes; Susan ; you have the correct link. Hope someone else responds that has used them.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
14,674 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: Anyone us Economy Booking to rent a car?

You're welcome. Some (or many) of the reviews in that link are a bit alarming. Do you have to pay up front? The "quite a bit lower price" seems like a red flag to me. Sorry but I'm a skeptic when it comes to 3rd party booking sites that most people have never heard of. Hope it works out OK if you book with them.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
17 posts
485 reviews
5. Re: Anyone us Economy Booking to rent a car?

I continue to have good luck with Costco Car Rentals. Once you get a car reserved, you need to keep checking the website as often the prices will drop. You can cancel your reserved car with no penalties. A couple of the car rental companies they use recognize their frequent rental program and you can avoid the lines at the counter.

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
14,674 posts
45 reviews
6. Re: Anyone us Economy Booking to rent a car?

Yes, that's my preference too NebraskaFan - Alamo's skip the counter service is great.

Edited: 25 September 2018, 14:13
Scottsdale...
Level Contributor
2,990 posts
24 reviews
7. Re: Anyone us Economy Booking to rent a car?

I checked Economy Booking vs DHCR (Discount Hawaii Car Rental) and Economy was more expensive on some and no cheaper on others.

Stick with DHCR, Costco or Autoslash, heavily used on Maui and highly reliable. We often get these so-called cheapo companies show up, but too many issues reported and often no cheaper than the reliable ones.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Anyone us Economy Booking to rent a car?

I had never heard of this site. I plugged in my upcoming dates and this site was double the price of DHCR. Something to compare in the future though.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
29,284 posts
9. Re: Anyone us Economy Booking to rent a car?

Given that you are unsure of this company, you might want to book a back-up res. with one of the more well-known sites. These include DHCR, CostCo, and AutoSlash, as well as the individual reputable auto rental national companies.

Don't prepay. Keep checking back for decreases.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
7 reviews
10. Re: Anyone us Economy Booking to rent a car?

Costco (always) & DHCR (sometimes) includes 2nd driver at no extra cost. Keep this in mind when comparing prices if it's something you would find convenient.

While I do the majority of the driving, it is nice to have the option of handing the wheel to someone else now & then.

Reply to: Anyone us Economy Booking to rent a car?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted