We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui during Christmas

Fargo, North Dakota
4 posts
1 review
Maui during Christmas

I am arriving in Maui on Christmas Eve at 10 PM.. Will there be grocery stores open on Christmas Day?

7 replies to this topic
Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
583 posts
40 reviews
1. Re: Maui during Christmas

It seems to me in past years stores like Safeway have been open a half day but I can’t remember if the first or second half of the day. But maybe someone remembers with more certainty than me. Costco for sure would be closed.

There are grocery delivery services. Maybe you could arrange with your rental agency/owner to allow a service to drop off groceries prior to your arrival on the 24th.

Edited: 25 September 2018, 06:15
Maine
Level Contributor
159 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Maui during Christmas

I would definitely go with a delivery service...it's so nice after a long trip to walk in and find your condo all stocked!! We used Maui Grocery Service for our trip in December 2015. The order was completely accurate (with just one item there was a brand change). Everything was put away properly and the dates for perishable items were fine. The delivery fee was a very reasonable 39.00 on Christmas Eve. We would definitely use this service again.

Iowa
Level Contributor
14,179 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Maui during Christmas

One year when we arrived on Christmas we used Demmings Delivery. It worked out great! So easy. Well worth the delivery fee.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
14,863 posts
47 reviews
4. Re: Maui during Christmas

Yes some are open... sometimes on reduced hours though.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
52,717 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Maui during Christmas

You won't have a problem finding grocery stores open on Christmas Day.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
29,539 posts
6. Re: Maui during Christmas

The stores will be deciding on and posting their holiday hours when we get closer to that time.

Have a great time on Maui!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
48,951 posts
19 reviews
7. Re: Maui during Christmas

It would help if we knew where you are staying ...

Wow - Fargo to Maui. Christmas Eve. How cool!

Edited: 25 September 2018, 19:16
Reply to: Maui during Christmas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted